S III Battery life...

RobbieL811

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey gang. My Android Systems has been equal or more to my screen time 20% or greater. I think that is eating my battery. Can anyone explain or help me?

My Nexus 7s android system remains below 10% constantly.

I mostly use my phones calendar, ever note, a to do app, Gmail, touchdown, that's about it during the day...

Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

If you had a Falcons logo as an avatar, I would help you. Lol. J/k. Try using "Better Battery Stats". Its the best app I have found for figuring out my battery problems.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Uncle Reemus

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Pretty good battery life here.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360283465951.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360283465951.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 48
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360283481071.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360283481071.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 49

delly86

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
screen on time? or just standy by?
I i have cycled my battery twice, i received the phone Saturday the 23rd , so today is my first day from a the full charges....

used navigation for an hour , screen is on brightest level -- light - somewhat moderate usage (more light IMO)

7h 51m its at 31%

delly86

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
can you post the screen on time, just hour didn't mean anything.
I cycled my battery right when I bought it and haven't had any problems with battery life. This is with pretty heavy LTE use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know know what the different colors of the bar graph mobile network signal represent? I figure that green means that the signal is full, but there's a beige and olive color. Does the beige and olive indicate a lower strength? I'm working on battery plummeting issues. Even when I turn off wifi and data, the battery drains rapidly, which is corrected by a soft reset. I'm trying to determine if this is a 4GLTE issue.

I have a new battery sent by AT&T, and for 2 out of 3 days that I've been using it, the battery drain issue hasn't occurred like the original one that came with the phone. I'm still trying to pin down the problem.

EJM1985

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I've had a number of issues with battery periodically including:

- Charging to 100% overnight only to unplug and have the battery life drop to 60% within five minutes on standby. I drove out and the battery tanked out to 2% that same day.

- Today, used Pandora from 100% and it dropped to 40% in 35 minutes.

I have JuiceDefender, MobileCare to kill apps by the hour, running on WiFi when at home...and sometimes still get drain or phone feels hot. I have AT&T with 4.1.1. Right now it is off and charging. I will take my microSD card out and see how it goes because I've also had Media sucking up much battery use rates too.

Uncle Reemus

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I've had a number of issues with battery periodically including:

- Charging to 100% overnight only to unplug and have the battery life drop to 60% within five minutes on standby. I drove out and the battery tanked out to 2% that same day.

- Today, used Pandora from 100% and it dropped to 40% in 35 minutes.

I have JuiceDefender, MobileCare to kill apps by the hour, running on WiFi when at home...and sometimes still get drain or phone feels hot. I have AT&T with 4.1.1. Right now it is off and charging. I will take my microSD card out and see how it goes because I've also had Media sucking up much battery use rates too.

I would try a factory reset and see what that does for you.
I'm running JD and mobile care on AT&T with 4.1 and get about 24-26 hours with moderate-heavy use.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

EJM1985

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Did the factory reset and LOST ALL MY PICS AND MUSIC (not bad since Google Plus instant upload has all my pics, in addition to Facebook, Photobucket, etc.; music was on my laptop originally.... so yeah, no loss LOL).

Got Juice Defender and Mobile Care running... ran on battery with fair to heavy use for 14 hours. Phone has never felt cooler to the touch too. Thanks.

Uncle Reemus

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Did the factory reset and LOST ALL MY PICS AND MUSIC (not bad since Google Plus instant upload has all my pics, in addition to Facebook, Photobucket, etc.; music was on my laptop originally.... so yeah, no loss LOL).

Got Juice Defender and Mobile Care running... ran on battery with fair to heavy use for 14 hours. Phone has never felt cooler to the touch too. Thanks.

Just for future reference, you can back your phone up to Kies and do the factory reset and then restore your phone with Kies and it will bring back pics, texts, even your call log.

Sent from September 25 1985

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Just for future reference, you can back your phone up to Kies and do the factory reset and then restore your phone with Kies and it will bring back pics, texts, even your call log.

Sent from September 25 1985
Also check out Carbon backup. Root is not required. Very awesome app.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Lane L

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
That's great! Except losing pictures. You said you use a task killer, I recommend doing a Google search "Do I need a task killer?". The way Android works, you shouldn't need one unless you have a misbehaving app. Check it out for yourself.
On a side note I think I will be doing a factory reset. My phone has the notorious "Media" bug. Along with reformatting my SD card. Good Luck!

edgeplay

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else have android system taking most of the battery since the jelly bean update. Thought it would go away but still hasent

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
New S3 user here, I've had my phone a little over a week - I have not yet allowed the battery to drain all the way and shut off the phone, I've been charging it when it gets down to 15% or so - is it important that I allow the phone to drain to shutoff at least once? I can easily do that if it is an important thing. My battery life has been pretty good so far, I'm vigilant about clearing out stuff in the task manager so it won't hang around. That's something I miss about my Blackberry, I could always Close or Exit applications when I was done. Now, I have to go back to the home screen and then clear them out.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
This us going to be a very quick answer because the question has been asked and snswered so many times. It's not good to run down your battery. New modern batteries don't like to be conditioned.

And you don't need to manually close down apps. Latin the operating system manage your memory for you.

Sent from my unrooted 32 GB Polish Samsung Galaxy GT I9300 running 4.1.2.

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This us going to be a very quick answer because the question has been asked and snswered so many times. It's not good to run down your battery. New modern batteries don't like to be conditioned.

Thanks... I'm new to Android, and there were several people above in this thread who said you SHOULD condition your battery so I thought maybe I needed to do that... I guess I'll trust the OS not to have background stuff eating battery, and see how it goes...

delly86

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
green wifi olive data lte&4g
Does anyone know know what the different colors of the bar graph mobile network signal represent? I figure that green means that the signal is full, but there's a beige and olive color. Does the beige and olive indicate a lower strength? I'm working on battery plummeting issues. Even when I turn off wifi and data, the battery drains rapidly, which is corrected by a soft reset. I'm trying to determine if this is a 4GLTE issue.

I have a new battery sent by AT&T, and for 2 out of 3 days that I've been using it, the battery drain issue hasn't occurred like the original one that came with the phone. I'm still trying to pin down the problem.

Emanuel Rivas

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
well mine idk why ends up SO fast... I don't have many apps installed.. just social apps like fb, instagram, twitter.. thats it.. and games like angry birds and where is my water. THAT'S it.. and i have to recharge it twice a day. it last around 6-9h :-\

Tyler Grabitz

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
After jb update, sound settings are nonexistent. After doing a factory reset, problem still occurs. This is the prompt after going into settings->sound->device ringtone "Unfortunately, settings has stopped". Same message occurs after selecting default notification ringtone. Any thoughts????