S21 Ultra to Z Fold 3...Anyone else tempted?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Most of the negative stuff for the fold 2 didn't start popping up until about 6 months in when people screens started cracking at the fold.
I'll look for that. I have not had this issue fortunately. The fold 3 is suppose to be 80% stronger so hopefully that issue goes away. They all have issues, the S21's have been having the screens going blank. Today's technology for sure

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'll look for that. I have not had this issue fortunately. The fold 3 is suppose to be 80% stronger so hopefully that issue goes away. They all have issues, the S21's have been having the screens going blank. Today's technology for sure
It's also why they make warranties and offer insurance. That free Samsung protection for one year is a no brainer.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Yep, we've definitely reached the point where technology is too amazing to work correctly lol.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't see the need or urge to get any kind of foldable device. First off the reviews are horrible and you have to be careful with both types to not damage the screen.

Just don't see the need it's a fad at this point IMHO.

If I only bought things I needed my life would be boring. I did well not jumping into the first two generations. Got a decent trade in for my back up device so it works for me.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If I only bought things I needed my life would be boring. I did well not jumping into the first two generations. Got a decent trade in for my back up device so it works for me.
Why do people that don't want something feel the need to degrade it. Me included, I've done it myself, such I've been trying not to lately.. It's a hard habit to break

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
As a slight aside, it's interesting to note that the Z Fold 3 is the only device this year to INCREASE in price over the last model... And for what?

Honestly I do kinda think you'd have to be crazy to buy one... but I did pay £1200 for an S21 ultra, so who am I to judge?

Phones just keep getting more and more expensive nowadays... Soon, we'll need to sell an organ in order to get one!

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Phones just keep getting more and more expensive nowadays... Soon, we'll need to sell an organ in order to get one!
The price of smartphones are way too high if it wasn't for trade in discounts like TMobile has I wouldn't get new devices it's out of hand now a days.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Strange, that in the U.K; Samsung are only accepting S20/Fold2/Note 20 and older models for trade-in.

Yup; saw that as well and that's off-putting for me, as my 21 Ultra would have been the trade in.

Daft as it sounds; I can trade in an old 2017 A5 for £250; but not my S21 Ultra!

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I think after doing more reading and research; the Z Fold 3, as good as it sounds and looks, isn't the right next phone for me, more so seeing as I've an excellent dual sim S21 Ultra

So will stick with that for now and see what happens re the next Pixel

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Upgrading from a phone as recent as the S21 almost makes no sense at all no matter what you upgrade too unless you're not happy with it or money is not an issue and you're just a chronic upgrader. I usually upgrade a device that's at least a year old and even though that's not much better I can justify it it in my mind a little easier. I also usually have more than one flagship device and though that probably doesn't make a lot a lot of either but I'm OK with that. In the end you have to go with what makes sense to you because you have to live with your choices and within your means.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I love the flip...it looks really fun, something I haven't been able to say about a phone in years. Still, I'll wait one more generation. Samsung seems to really get their groove at the number 4.

Placed my order for the Watch 4 though...

fanisk

Nov 1, 2019
Visit site
Although I am excited about the Fold 3 particularly because of the S pen integration I am not going to jumb over because I think that the device is not so practical for use on the go since it will be uncomfortable to work with it unfolded.
On top its top heavy, 270 g, while I consider already my 21 Ultra heavy at 220 g.
Also the battery life will barely last for a day if you use both screens.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
So I did a pre order, mainly because I do alot of remote administrative server stuff and some of that comes from my phone when I am out and about. That huge 7.6 screen will be awesome for that instead of my current 6.8" screen.

Having said all this, I know they made it water resistant but, how much of an issue is the non-dust resistance? Anyone that has had the fold 2 notice dust under their screens? Issue with hinge due to dust?

I've been waiting for these phones to get more durable and I think they may be almost there but the dust so far is the only main concern of mine at the moment. Comments and opinions certainly welcome. Thanks!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So I did a pre order, mainly because I do alot of remote administrative server stuff and some of that comes from my phone when I am out and about. That huge 7.6 screen will be awesome for that instead of my current 6.8" screen.

Having said all this, I know they made it water resistant but, how much of an issue is the non-dust resistance? Anyone that has had the fold 2 notice dust under their screens? Issue with hinge due to dust?

I've been waiting for these phones to get more durable and I think they may be almost there but the dust so far is the only main concern of mine at the moment. Comments and opinions certainly welcome. Thanks!
I personally have not had dust under the screen.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site

I don’t work outside and use my phone daily just same as any other phone ..my hinge is sturdy..it gets dirty like all other phones I have which I use cleaning solution and microfiber cloth …I’ve had my ZF2 since release last year …I’ve used the air duster on it occasionally not strong …humming along …I stopped using my cases for awhile now and about a month or longer dropped it on concrete folded ..it’s got a small crack on my outer which would’ve happened to my others if I dropped same way from pocket of shorts …it’s been durable and feels premium..I don’t baby it just use it …dust is a non issue …if I’m at the beach I keep it in pouch ..again same as other phones ..just take it out for pics when there …

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao