S22 on screen keyboard disappears

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi everyone, I have a really annoying issue with my Samsung S22 which I bought in July 2022. Every week or so when I unlock my phone at a random time the on screen keyboard doesn't display. I have done everything to troubelshoot the error and the only way to fix it is restarting the device. I have cleared cache of keyboard, reset the keyboard app, force stop, checked for available updates etc.

I have also reset the device and the issue went away for a month and has come back again.

Samsung doorstep repair are looking at it on Thursday but I am not sure how they are going to fix this one? I have taken screenshots of the issue happening and a video recording, but as soon as you go into safe mode or restart, the issue goes away.

Cheers!

Naturally having to do this every week is becoming really frustrating for such a new phone.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Not to nitpick but works better to add an app till it happens. That way you aren't needlessly deleting apps. Also could be more than one app causing the problem.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! A couple of things you can try:

1. Clear the app cache/data for your keyboard app in Settings>Apps.

2. Look through your apps that have Special App Access to Draw Over Other Apps, and see if there's anything there that seems out of place.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos