S3 Hanging ( freezing ) Problem Solved

Paul Chin

May 30, 2013
Visit site
After almost a week, my phone hanging is getting worse & has resumed its normal bad habbit. So today, I did another full dummy file generator process (this time it took me less than 15 min to complete the whole process with 2 hangs only). Will see how it goes now.

mautwt

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I used to have this problem, very frustrating and worrisome.
It started happening when I updated to a certain firmware version, I can't remember which one right now, but after confirming that my phone has the Insane chip and thus is vulnerable to the Sudden Death bug (check through "eMMC check" app from the Market.)

To SOLVE it I just updated to the latest official Samsung firmware version (following the guide below) and voil?, no more Sudden Death or slowdowns or any other issues.
ULTIMATE step-by-step Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 Firmware update, rooting and customization guide.

Good luck!

Akram Al Matari

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
ys this solution solve my problem,thank u v much

i usually never post or comment on techie stuff like this. so here it goes.
I superrrr love my phone and when this thing happend ive gone crazy mad because my phone just keeps on hanging and freezing and i keep on pulling out and back the battery of my samsung s3. i spent days on reading forums and blogs and tried to understand but nothing worked. i even tried checking youtube videos but nothing happend.
ok ok too much of my story so il jump into the solution:

1. download "dummy file generator" on google play store
2. open the app
3. go on "internal memory" tab
4. dont worry on what to put on the "byte" box
5. select "generate FULL" generate dummy files until storage is full
6. YES, your phone will hang and freeze a couple of times. (what i did is pull out the batt again)
7. keep on doing this until ur memory is full
8. then select "delete" delete all dummy files.
9. then thats it

i dont know if it will work for other but YESSSSS it worked for me no hang and freeze since then.

hope it helped!

leelee29

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
hi. been having the hanging problem with my SIII but sorry am technically challenged. was able to change the wifi name but how do i do the WPA? thanks

Siya v

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I was following your posts regarding the Samsung Galaxy S duos hanging Problem for the last 1months, i had exactly the same issue, it was sever case my phone would hang every half an hour or more, i had to keep restarting it. i tried all the suggested solutions other members suggested bust nothing worked.
until i found this solution (described here):

Jofe Posa

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
When I first got my phone way back nov. 2012 it has auto restart problem (in my every 5-15mins. Of use it keeps on restarting.) It lasted for weeks and I didnt do anything so I was very happy that my s3 is already working normally.... until yeaterday to present, my phone keeps on freezing even after I reinsert my battery to restart (it will only took mins. Of using my s3, then again it will freeze)

Im using my s3 in posting thia comment. So far it didnt freeze. But still hoping for good suggestions in solving the problem in case it will come again.

Borce Stamenov

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for this one my friend. My device is doing the same things for 2 weeks now. It is still under warranty but the time that i will spend without it it's just 2 long, 3 weeks as they say. I've tried every suggestion that i read, nothing worked so far. I do have a question, cos i just did what you wrote and yes you did said that it worked for you....but IS IT still working or?? Thanks for the tip anyway. I just finished with mine so i'see how it goes, cheers :)

Borce Stamenov

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I superrrr love my phone and when this thing happend ive gone crazy mad because my phone just keeps on hanging and freezing and i keep on pulling out and back the battery of my samsung s3. i spent days on reading forums and blogs and tried to understand but nothing worked. i even tried checking youtube videos but nothing happend.

2. open the app
6. YES, your phone will hang and freeze a couple of times. (what i did is pull out the batt again)
9. then thats it

i dont know if it will work for other but YESSSSS it worked for me no hang and freeze since then. :)

hope it helped!

Thanks for this one my friend. My device is doing the same things for 2 weeks now. It is still under warranty but the time that i will spend without it it's just 2 long, 3 weeks as they say. I've tried every suggestion that i read, nothing worked so far. I do have a question, cos i just did what you wrote and yes you did said that it worked for you....but IS IT still working or?? Thanks for the tip anyway. I just finished with mine so i'see how it goes, cheers

yermanicus

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
ok, now I'm trying to generate the whole dummy files to fill uo the internal memory. It froze once just now, around the 60% of the process. I took the battery out and then placed it back in, and started the phone again. Now it's working on the dummy files again. Let's see.

30 min update. I just couldn't do anything with the phona and barely made it to delete the dummy files so far.
I uninstalled 13 apps and now rebooted.
Now I'm filling up my memory with dummy files again, so I can complete the 100%.

30 more minutes... OK, I made it to fill up the entire memory. Good, it was hard to restart or to do anything with 100% full, but I finally restarted and now deleted all dummy files, and it looks good so far. Now I turned it off, took the battery out for 2 minutes, and now I'll try to reinstall everything back. The phone starts quickly and responds well so far.

15 min update: everything installed, no crashes or freezes so far. Looks good.

15 more minutes: everything is fully functional ans working like new. If any other problems, I will post it here. Thanks for everything. Bye

Last edited:

Sohail Ahmed1

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
not working for me this dummy file generate app
i am really frustrated from this problem need a real solution. do we need uto upgarde to newer software of android kindly advse as feel like smashing pjhone

mistere3355

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

2. open the app
9. then thats it

i dont know if it will work for other but YESSSSS it worked for me no hang and freeze since then. :)

hope it helped!

This worked very well and so far I haven't had a freeze for 12 hours.

I did however keep filling and deleteing until it filled without freezing during the fill process.
I must have done it 20 times easily, but I could see it getting better and better every time. I can't wait for the Jan Android update because this version of Android is giving me ......

Joey Chun

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I've done the step but Will it caused me to lost my pictures in phone? I realize my camera pictures is all gone.. please help...

Posted via Android Central App

FabianP

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Just a bit to help those that didn't have luck with the dummy file generation...what the author says is that when generating the dummy file, the phone WILL hang (most probably) but to NOT take the battery out or restart the phone...let it be, it will automatically un-freeze after 5-25 minutes....the whole purpose of the program is to make it run at a time where you can leave your phone alone...he finds that restarting makes the problem worst while let it alone unfreezing helps to solve the issue...so:
1. start generating dummy file...let it be for whatever time ...it may hang a couple of times...
2. delete the file
do 1 and 2 again...in 2 or 3 times it will complete the process without hanging.

Solved!

At least mine works perfectly after that

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter