S4 Google Edition will be getting 5.1!

mixgenio

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Great question... Its pretty infuriating to not have 5.1 yet. My GPE is beyond buggy with 5.0. I really hope they give us something.

DeeeWhy

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Just got OTA for 5.1 tonight and updater is in process of optimizing apps. I'm used to 5.1 on Nexus 7 2013 so not expecting much. Still at least we will have the latest iteration of Lollipop before marshmallow is released soon.

BTW the updater took a few restarts after initial download before it started up the recovery process. Was paranoid the OTA bricked the phone, but it eventually sorted itself out.

Good luck to the rest of you GPE holdouts!

Will V

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
How long did it take for your upgrade process? I am at 3 hours now with the circling red green yellow and blue bubbles. Wondering if I should remove the battery and restart it.

Will

DeeeWhy

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
How long did it take for your upgrade process? I am at 3 hours now with the circling red green yellow and blue bubbles. Wondering if I should remove the battery and restart it.

Will

Definitely not that long. Maybe 45mins after downloading update. Once the actual startup happened it was near normal for the usual boot process. I restarted one last time after that due to residual wonkiness like the sim card not being recognized on the lock screen.

I'm on TMobile in the US if that matters to anyone.

RHIT1006

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I just updated mine to 5.1. The only complaint I have is now the pull down status bar covers up the first notification. I can't do anything to it. I used to be able to swipe down once and get access to my notifications. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 3513.jpg
    3513.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 7

RHIT1006

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I just updated mine to 5.1. The only complaint I have is now the pull down status bar covers up the first notification. I can't do anything to it. I used to be able to swipe down once and get access to my notifications. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Here's the status bar pulled completely down. That big empty space at the bottom is what covers up the notification.

Attachments

• 3514.jpg
    3514.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 7

RHIT1006

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Here's the status bar pulled completely down. That big empty space at the bottom is what covers up the notification.

Ignore me and my noob-ness lol. I just rebooted for the heck of it and that space is gone. When it started up it said it had to optimize 2 more accounts. One of those must have been the status bar. Now I can see notifications :)

hobbes444

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Everything works (sometimes better) for me, except one thing so far: lockscreen notifications. I can't expand them anymore. It does expand, but when I release my touch, the notification swings back to non-expanded state, thus I can't use the different actions that appear at the bottom of the expanded notification (for example “Archive” in a Gmail notification)...

mixgenio

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Everything works (sometimes better) for me, except one thing so far: lockscreen notifications. I can't expand them anymore. It does expand, but when I release my touch, the notification swings back to non-expanded state, thus I can't use the different actions that appear at the bottom of the expanded notification (for example “Archive” in a Gmail notification)...

Yeah....It seems that a lot of people are experiencing that (including me). Very frustrating.