S4 tethering UK

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Me and my mum are both on the same network using the same unlimited data plan as each other where as I have a s4 and she has a s2.

What I don't understand is before my tethering using the s4 built in option would work fine without any special add on feature from our network but how my network detects it so easily where as my mum she can still tether to her laptop etc without being detected. Also the funny thing is I can tether to my android tablet and use the internet on their just fine but when it comes to connecting my phone internet to the laptop it'll say it looks like you're using your phone internet on your laptop etc.... Bloody retarded I swear.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The network may somehow be able to detect the type of device you are using. I'm not sure how, but obviously it is detecting it. So is it preventing you from tethering to the PC?

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
The network may somehow be able to detect the type of device you are using. I'm not sure how, but obviously it is detecting it. So is it preventing you from tethering to the PC?

Good theory. Now explain how my mums 3uk network branded handset is able to tether without a 5 pound extra add on where as my sim free non branded s4 is detected....

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm On 3UK and regularly tether my S4 to my sons iPod touch. 3 allows unlimited tethering with the unlimited data plan so your Mum wouldn't have to pay a ?5 charge. If you are on 3UK unlimited plan you shouldn't be getting warning messages.

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm On 3UK and regularly tether my S4 to my sons iPod touch. 3 allows unlimited tethering with the unlimited data plan so your Mum wouldn't have to pay a ?5 charge. If you are on 3UK unlimited plan you shouldn't be getting warning messages.

Well my mum is getting 2000 mins 5000 texts all you can data galaxy s2 erm and 3000 3to3 mins she pays 26 quid a month and her tethering works fine not sure if it's the one plan but I've got a ?12.90 sim deal 200 mins all you can eat data and 5000 texts and when I tether to my android tablet and use the internet from my phone to tablet it works fine when it comes to a laptop it clicks on and stops me from using the internet on my laptop from my phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CsPerry