S6 Edge bluetooth issues?

littlejohn134

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Same thing for me. Have a set of Bluetooth head phones and just bought a Samsung sound bar.
Headphones worked no problem first time I used them for a hour. Second time just disconnect and will not reconnect.

Sound bar gets about 30 seconds through a song then disconnects.

I have tried the re pair but doesn't work. So maddening.

MerriDave

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting the same problem on my 2010 X5 an S6. Thought I'd cracked it by clearing the cache, deleting all other Samsung devices and using the Drive Safe mode but now it cuts out every minute rather than every 30 seconds. The irony of calling it drive safe when its causing so many distractions. Any other suggestions other than buying a Toyota ;)

Notlawtrebor

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
When connecting to my car (Kia Sportage) works fine for 3 connections then 'Pairing failed' Delete phone pairing and reconnect, OK for 3 times again. Samsung customer support useless. TAKE NOTE SAMSUNG.

Notlawtrebor

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Similar issue with Kia Sportage. Pairs OK then after 3 connections, 'Pairing failed'. Delete pairing and reconnect- OK for 3 more. really irritating, as are Samsung support.

BigTim16

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys. I was also having this issue where bluetooth would crash every minute or so with my BMW and it was driving me crazy. For me it turned out to be Samsungs messaging app causing the bluetooth crash. Blocking samsungs messaging app in the bluetooth connection settings seems to be the only fix that worked for me. Googles own messenger worked for me for a while, but now appears to be crashing again.

Last edited:

robav

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the edge and an MPow radio frequency transmitter for my stereo in the car and it works fine. I don't have any issues, but I also have to admit that I got the S6 Edge when it was released. That phone had numerous issues, especially with dropped calls and texts that wouldn't go through (Sprint network). However, I ended up taking it back to Sprint to get another S6 Edge, which is the one I'm using now. It seems there has been some inconsistency in the phones of the same model that were dramatic enough to bring to light those issues.

jchallis87

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
My galaxy S6 is doing something similar. only when im connected in the car it drops my bluetooth connection. the phone call is still active but its not going through my car anymore. i reset my bluetooth settings, i deleted my info out of my car and reset the connection those still didnt work, i simply tried turning my phone off then on because it had been awhile since i had done that and nothing, then i did a clear cache from the application manager, that still didnt work and now i have just done a clear cache from the main system by using power, home and volume up. i havent tried it in my car after this last attempt and wont be able to until im done work but this is the last option i have found on the internet and if it doesnt work i have no idea what to do. I tried my husbands phone (same phone as mine) in my car thinking maybe it was my car but his phone worked fine for 20 minutes where miune had dropped like 18 times in 20 minutes. makes for a very frustrating conversation. the only thing i havent done yet is a factory reset (and im trying to avoid doing that but if i have to i will)

Ilene Mizrachi

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Factory reset didn't work for me. The phone has been behaving this week so maybe something updated. Either that or I jinxed it and it won't work on my way home today

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

momo16291

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Yea im having similar isssues in my 2014 toyota corrola . The bluetooth would drop out but then when it comes back on ot would fast foward the song couple seconds then go back normal. But it prob do it twice a song. I thought it was my toyota nav deck but no reading this id say its the s6 edge. My s4 started doing it to after the latest update

Ed Irwin

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
My S6 was working just fine for 2 months until last week, then began disconnecting 30 seconds after every call from a Plantronics Legend headset. I worked with Plantroncs to update that headset 3 times, thinking it was the headset, decided to get a new headset, got an Edge headset and had the same problem. Tried a process of elimination with multiple calls on an older Nokia phone with no disconnections and then back to the very new Samsung S6 and got the same disconnection problem. I then went to Best Buy and the Samsung rep says that Samsung has an update that he thinks will take care of the issue. He didn't have the update and said it would take 3 hours to upload. That was yesterday and today he still doesn't have it uploaded. He'll call me when he has it, I'll get the update and let you know if it works.

derbin2

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Same here. While in a call, disconnects for 3 sec. Car says phone disconnected then reconnects and phone call continues, f##king madding.this phone sucks! S6 edge &2013 civic

Posted via the Android Central App

Ed Irwin

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
It took the Samsung guy at Best Buy a long time to down load the update for the S6 (over 4 hours) but I went back last Saturday and got the update applied to my S6 and now my headset does not disconnect from the phone after I hang up from a call. So the update solved the problem.

pertoder

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with my s6, phone connects normally and after a few minutes it disconnect and connect again, without any known reasons. This also happens during calls - annoying! Tried different cars, same problem. But this started for after upgraded to 5.1.1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d