S9/S9+/Note 8 Aspect Ratio

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm currently using an S6 that I bought shortly after launch in 2015 and it's time to upgrade. I'm likely going to get an S9 (maybe the + but probably std), but after seeing my dad's S9 I'm pretty annoyed with the 18.5:9 aspect ratio. I want a bigger screen than the 5.1" of my old phone but I would prefer the 16:9 ratio that my previous phones and my TV has. I know the change to 18.5:9 started with the S8. Is anyone else unhappy with this? I prefer to stay with the a Samsung phone but is there anything else I should consider instead?

krisqz

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Switched from S6 to S9 a month ago. After 5 minutes with S9 I couldn't look at S6 anymore. Dual window is way more useful with this ratio. I've had the same reservations before switching but I'm glad I did. Browsing internet is a joy on this screen. Movies in cinema widescreen look amazing. With 16:9 movies you can always crop it a bit to get full screen if letter boxing isn't to your liking. It's pinch away in YouTube app and it looks great. I bet you'd get used to it in no time.