Samsumg galaxy tab S2 sd card slot damage

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I tried gently to remove the sd card lile I had done about 5 times in the 3 years ive had my tablet. The card came out about 3/4 of the way but not enough to get the sd card out. I tugged a little and it still hung up. Then I tugged more and it broke leaving behind the stuck piece. So i took it into a local new repair shop and the tech said he could fix it. I paid for the new slot and they ordered it. Today i went in with my tablet for a quick fix. But it ended up the tech dug into the slot breaking off some little metal points that supported the card on the bottom as he described. He said they dont soldiered and the slot would needed to be repaired with a soldering. Then I asked is there a way to get around having tomuse the sd slot for memory with an external memory attachment to the plug in for recharging. Anyway, he ended telling me after looking on the internet samsung has a one piece unit now because it looked like many users have had the same issue. So they are ordering the new slot unit and they will call me when it comes in.

Any suggestions to what I should say to them before the open my tablet up to replace it with this part? Maybe I should tell them to make sure to disconnet the battery and sim card off the main board first? I am willing to be patient because anyone else would more than likely want to send it somewhere out of town.

Any headsup tips. I realize this shop is probably learning specifics as they go along on my tablet. But they were really apologetic and admitted the damage they had done. Actually Im not sure it mattered at that point. But they seem to be very willing to cover the costs. But im still going to pay them because I feel if they can repair it its the right thing to do.

Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's really nice of you to think of paying them after they damage your ad card holder, yeah if you can assist them tell to power it off , disconnect battery once apart.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And I wouldn't pay them for fixing what they broke. That's why you paid them the first time - to fix the problem, not to cause another one. (Granted, they should have told you that the part needed replacement [meaning resoldering] the first time, but that should be their problem not yours. They're not paying you to train them.)

And next time, I'd find a different repair shop.

pilansb

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I actually broke the the slot card holder and a piece was stuck inside the slot area. The tech guy just dug around in it and broke the little teeth that supported an inserted micros disk. Yes, this was inexperienced and on him. But he did promise to make it right. And I could not use it after I broke it. I am pretty sure they could have dont it differently if they had been more experienced. Instead they are ordering a new slot unit so I can use it.

I think it would have ended up needing to be replaced anyway. So, I am not going to be mad at them when they actually are trying to help me use the memory slot in the first place for which I asked them to do. Now if it was working when I went in and they broke it that would have been their responsibility to repair free of charge and I know they would have.

And I wouldn't pay them for fixing what they broke. That's why you paid them the first time - to fix the problem, not to cause another one. (Granted, they should have told you that the part needed replacement [meaning resoldering] the first time, but that should be their problem not yours. They're not paying you to train them.)

And next time, I'd find a different repair shop.

pilansb

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
The only thing i paid for is a new memory sd disk holder. They will apply it to whatever I end up walking out with in,parts and service.

And i live in a small town and they are bending over backwards to build business and have many satisfied customers.

Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174