Samsung $150 Gift Credit

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I haven't been able to use my credit on an Active2. Tried to use it on a 2TB portable SSD and not valid either. I really don't need much else and don't want to just order stuff for the sake of using the credit up. Maybe I'll try a rep. UGH! It's always so painful! I've been told previously on chats that the credit cannot be used on the Active2 but I want the LTE version....I WANT IT NOW! LOL!

Update: Went on the chat for maybe 45 minutes. Tried everything but the Samsung Credit can only be used on Mobile accessories according to the chat rep. I've tried adding all sorts of items and it just won't work. :-[

I ended up getting a wallet case, 2 25w chargers, 2 spen replacements(1 for myself and 1 for my son) and 2 USB-C to USB-C cables.
He used his $200.00 for the buds. So instead of losing the $70.00, I got the silver buds to go with my Aura Glow.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Did I make a mistake buying directly from Verizon? No voucher credit was offered in my case.

Voucher credit was for pre-orders. Did you pre-order through Verizon before Aug 22nd?

You have to register your phone with Samsung to get the promotion, have you done that yet? I also purchased from Verizon and got the $150 credit once I registered the phone with Samsung.

badbradd2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I think I will give it to November 1st to see if they open the credit up to the Active 2. I doubt they will but you never know. I'm a little worried the Active 1 will get de-listed at some point so I don't want to wait too long.

Is the Galaxy Watch worth it? It looks like it is fairly old and the reviews are subpar on Amazon.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I think I will give it to November 1st to see if they open the credit up to the Active 2. I doubt they will but you never know. I'm a little worried the Active 1 will get de-listed at some point so I don't want to wait too long.

Is the Galaxy Watch worth it? It looks like it is fairly old and the reviews are subpar on Amazon.
I have the Galaxy watch and I like it so far. I previously had a gear sport and wanted to get the active 2, but when they shut me down for the $150 promo I settled on the Galaxy watch.

If you've had a previous Samsung watch before I'd recommend the Galaxy watch over the original active for the bezel control

Lee Long

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site

I am also holding out. If there aren't any good deals on Black Friday or Cyber Monday, I'll get the Galaxy Watch if only because I refuse to give Sammy the satisfaction of making me pay full price for the Active 2. I put my code in every day! LOL!

Last edited:

badbradd2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I am also holding out. If there aren't any good deals on Black Friday or Cyber Monday, I'll get the Galaxy Watch if only because I refuse to give Sammy the satisfaction of making me pay full price for the Active 2. I put my code in every day! LOL!

Keep us updated and let us know if your code ever takes to the Active 2, please! :)

Last edited:

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
*Update*
So I called into support and they asked me to email them the below screenshot and they agreed to issue me a new code that will work on the Active 2 watch.. The only part that sucks is that I have to wait on it to hit my email versus them giving me the code over the phone.

ActiveWatch2.JPG

FYI

The Galaxy watch Active 2 is now listed as a $150 voucher redeemable item, BUT is failing to be applied when you go to checkout. I reached out to Samsung support and supposedly they will follow up with me within (2) days on the matter. They tried the old "the code was generated before the watch released" and my argument is if I can't use my code on the item, then it shouldn't be listed as an item to be redeemed. We shall see....

Last edited:

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
*Final Update*
I received my new code in my email and was able to successfully apply it to the purchase of the Active 2 Watch.

20191025_194728.jpg

*Update*
So I called into support and they asked me to email them the below screenshot and they agreed to issue me a new code that will work on the Active 2 watch.. The only part that sucks is that I have to wait on it to hit my email versus them giving me the code over the phone.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
*Final Update*
I received my new code in my email and was able to successfully apply it to the purchase of the Active 2 Watch.

View attachment 312240

*Update*

I tried now and it wouldn't work for me either. Are they going to fix it?

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I had to call in and request a new basic $150 voucher code in place of the code that was issued tied to our preorders for it to work.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
so I went through the Samsung site to use my 150, but it doesn't tell you that you have to use it all at once, I got the LED back cover for 54 bucks. I tried to go back and use the rest of it and nope! I got a hold of support and they said it had to be used all at once so I lost out on the 90 bucks or so I had left. they told me they couldn't do anything about it.

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I chatted with customer support last night when told the code will not work because it was given before the watch came out I said that others have been granted a new code. He said he would take it up with his team for options but could not promise anything. Hopefully I will get an email soon with a new code.

Update 8:15pm
Got the email tonight from Samsung saying they have approved a new code me! Expires 12/31. Very excited. Now I need to see if I can get them to approve a new code for my wife too.

Last edited:

badbradd2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I chatted with customer support last night when told the code will not work because it was given before the watch came out I said that others have been granted a new code. He said he would take it up with his team for options but could not promise anything. Hopefully I will get an email soon with a new code.

Update 8:15pm
Got the email tonight from Samsung saying they have approved a new code me! Expires 12/31. Very excited. Now I need to see if I can get them to approve a new code for my wife too.

Weird, I've tried multiple times and keep getting denied. They keep saying som bs about oh i wish I could help you but I can't even though I know they are giving new codes to others.

Lee Long

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site

Well, after chatting twice and calling in and getting the same message over and over again, I surrender. After the phone call, they said that they would escalate it to Level III support, but couldn't promise anything. Level III support denied my request for a new code as well. It's really incomprehensible that some select few are issued new codes while the the rest are denied. Whatever, gonna get it at Best Buy for a paltry $50 off, but better than nothing.
The ultimate crotch kick was when I went to use my $150 voucher and there are almost nothing of any value (to me) left. I ended up getting chargers I didn't need because I didn't want it to go to waste. SamSUCK, you have made me want to never buy another one of you products. Good Job. I wouldn't be buying the Damn Active 2 if there are an Android smartwatch that was better...Poo

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Well, after chatting twice and calling in and getting the same message over and over again, I surrender. After the phone call, they said that they would escalate it to Level III support, but couldn't promise anything. Level III support denied my request for a new code as well. It's really incomprehensible that some select few are issued new codes while the the rest are denied. Whatever, gonna get it at Best Buy for a paltry $50 off, but better than nothing.
The ultimate crotch kick was when I went to use my $150 voucher and there are almost nothing of any value (to me) left. I ended up getting chargers I didn't need because I didn't want it to go to waste. SamSUCK, you have made me want to never buy another one of you products. Good Job. I wouldn't be buying the Damn Active 2 if there are an Android smartwatch that was better...Poo

This is bad form by Samsung. I relied on the $200 credit in buying my Note 10 Plus and I specifically wanted the Active 2. The lack of transparency and offering of garbage products is BS. Definitely will remember this.

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
This is bad form by Samsung. I relied on the $200 credit in buying my Note 10 Plus and I specifically wanted the Active 2. The lack of transparency and offering of garbage products is BS. Definitely will remember this.

I agree. I was one of the lucky ones, twice actually since I was able to get a new code for my wife as well. But the fact that it seems totally random who gets new codes is poor customer service. People want to buy the watch and they are losing sales because of some policy regarding timing of promotions to products releases.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The earbuds are not available as a stand alone now. Anyone who did bundles, once you add to cart, does it allow you to then choose the color?