Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeleriksen91

Apr 22, 2024
Visit site
hi, I got a ssmsung a3, have done a hard reset on it but I don't have a gogggle account that has been used before on this phone. so what I'm wondering is how do I get past this or how do I do it so I can use the phone when I don't hsr this account ????

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying that it's asking for the Google account of a previous owner? Or that it's asking you to enter your own Google account in order to continue with the setup?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What you're seeing is factory reset protection -- it's a security measure. You would need to ask the previous owner to help you sign in with their account, and then afterwards you could do a proper factory reset (which would also remove their account correctly). If the previous owner legitimately sold you this phone, they should be eager to help, because they should want to make sure their account is off the phone. But if they ghost you, then there's a good chance it's a stolen device.

I'm sorry, but we don't allow discussions about trying to bypass security measures like this. Hopefully you can get your money back.

Reactions: Laura Knotek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zalauf