Samsung and TMobile Confusion

IHateMyTreo

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I placed the order on Feb 2. Went through the trade-in process (IMEI, no damage questions, etc.) and received an offer for trade in of $1000 for my S22 Ultra. I accepted the offer. Then the Samsung site sent me to the TMo site to complete the purchase. Fine so far. There were no conditions mentioned such as having to be on Magenta. Done.

The S23 Ultra arrived today with all the freebies. But no mention of the trade-in or credit.

After multiple calls and chats with Samsung and TMo, each pointed the finger at the other, and now it seems that ONE of them lost the trade-in offer. They said I would have to return what arrived and start over with a new order and trade-in. The only problem – the $1000 trade-in credit is no longer being offered without strings. And I am not going to add a line or change my grandfathered plan.

So…RMA received and I am skipping the S23 Ultra. Maybe a better deal will pop up in the future. Not heartbroken over this. Moving on!

IHateMyTreo

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
There were TWO trade in options for TMo on the Samsung order page. One was something like what you describe. I think it was get a free S23 if you are on Magenta. The other one, which I focused on, was get up to $1000 credit on qualified devices. That one had no requirement of being on a particular plan. That's the one I clicked, entered my IMEI and they offered me $1000.

But not going to lose sleep over it. The S22 is perfectly functional. Would just love it more if the battery lasted longer.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The 1,000 is only for the premium plans. Magenta max, OnePlus plan etc. Otherwise you would get 800 which is still good if you don't want to switch plans.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using AC Forums mobile app

So far I have max plans and I'm not getting $1000 off. Let's see what happens when they receive the trade in. On my bill it shows $10.xx per month for 24 months for my wife's and $20.xx per month over 24 months for mine trading in a Note 20 Ultra and S21 Ultra respectively.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Yeah thats why I went with unlocked. I saw the Magenta Max requirement and I am on Magenta 55+ ;). If you unchecked both offers you could get the t-mobile but only $360 trade in.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
They messed up my tradein as well and told me to return everything and reorder. I made a huge mistake ordering from Samsung.....customer service is nonexistent, completely unqualified people that barely speak English. Don't even get me started with Live Chat, they just "hang up" and you get transferred to next person and it can continue for 3-4 reps until someone actually decides to help.

I was told to reorder and then call them to get $120 credit back, but somehow I find it hard to believe they will give me that credit

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
They messed up my tradein as well and told me to return everything and reorder. I made a huge mistake ordering from Samsung.....customer service is nonexistent, completely unqualified people that barely speak English. Don't even get me started with Live Chat, they just "hang up" and you get transferred to next person and it can continue for 3-4 reps until someone actually decides to help.

I was told to reorder and then call them to get $120 credit back, but somehow I find it hard to believe they will give me that credit
Oh they will if it's notated. Samsung is really good about honoring credits and returns.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Oh they will if it's notated. Samsung is really good about honoring credits and returns.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app

I am actually trying to speak with them right now, it's like talking to a wall. On a 3rd rep already.....
They already sent me refund paperwork that has $120 accessories deducted for some reason. Then told me just to return everything and I will get a full refund back.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I entered a world of pain lol with this. Tmo placed a block on the account until return is received and contract is canceled successfully. Cannot order anything and after 10+ different reps at Samsung and Tmobile I finally got this info. So much time wasted lol......now probably have to wait for 1 week until I can order again. Its crazy that after the entire day on holds etc I finally have 1 rep that told me the entire story. Surprisingly I can still order from Tmo, but not anywhere else (Samsung or Bestbuy). Somehow I feel this is not over yet and Samsung is going to tell me that I haven't returned the accessories

This is going in nicely with my small car accident that I got into on a car that I bought 3 days ago without a single scratch :)

Of course these are not even minor issues considering all the sht thats going on the world......

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I entered a world of pain lol with this. Tmo placed a block on the account until return is received and contract is canceled successfully. Cannot order anything and after 10+ different reps at Samsung and Tmobile I finally got this info. So much time wasted lol......now probably have to wait for 1 week until I can order again. Its crazy that after the entire day on holds etc I finally have 1 rep that told me the entire story. Surprisingly I can still order from Tmo, but not anywhere else (Samsung or Bestbuy). Somehow I feel this is not over yet and Samsung is going to tell me that I haven't returned the accessories

This is going in nicely with my small car accident that I got into on a car that I bought 3 days ago without a single scratch :)

Of course these are not even minor issues considering all the sht thats going on the world......
You have luck it's just bad luck lol (trying cheer you up ) don't worry these thing will work itself out .

migs_inc

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I had a lot of the same issues as the original poster and repliers. The Samsung offer link I received and the links from subsequent email all took me to the S23 purchase page. At the end of that page I was purchasing an S23 Ultra, trading in an S10+ and supposed to have a monthly fee of $16 and change plus $120 credit at Samsung. When I transitioned to the TMobile page from Samsung, pricing did not reflect the offer. TMobile customer service said I had to have Magenta Max, so I upgraded. Samsung said it was TMob's fault. In the end I went to the local TMob store and got an 18/month offer for 24 months with trade-in but, of course, no Samsung credits. I, too, spent a boatload of time on the phone with Samsung and on their customer service chat which, as happened to others, cut me off several times. If the store didn't have a comparable offer, I would have just given up.

Hope others had less of a challenge!

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I usually like to get my gadgets on time, but with S23 I don't really care much even if I don't get it at all. I actually spoke with Tmobile today, they have no clue when Samsung and Tmobile close out my return....could take a month for all processing. I am just extremely pissed off at Samsung for such a horrible customer service and the fact that they can't fix a simple paperwork mistake without a complete return that ended up screwing everything up.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone confirm this. I was told by Samsung to order everything again with today's prices and after the order is placed they will refund me the difference back to my credit card. Is that how it works? They said there is no way for them to change the prices in cart, so refund is the only way to "price match" my previous order

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I think it's a 50/50 proposition. Sometimes, they are good about giving credits or rebates, and other times, it seems like it doesn't happen... I've had good luck when they promised me things like rhat. The rough part is getting rhem to agree to it in the first place.
I had an issue when I ordered my Tab S7+. I think I was supposed to get the Galaxy Bus Pro for free. I spent time with their rep on the phone who promised them to me, but eventually it ended up being denied by a supervisor... i just let it go because I got a good deal anyway. I bought the Buds Pro instead.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Well its kinda funny. Finally today I was able to "unlock" my line and make it upgradable (It was a mistake on Tmobile part), today I confirmed that I can place order from Samsung and they will price match it, and guess what, there is no more $1000 credit for Tmobile. It says they have it, but you cant select it, I called Samsung and they just hanged up on me.

Offer is gone from BestBuy as well. Only available from Tmobile directly

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Well its kinda funny. Finally today I was able to "unlock" my line and make it upgradable (It was a mistake on Tmobile part), today I confirmed that I can place order from Samsung and they will price match it, and guess what, there is no more $1000 credit for Tmobile. It says they have it, but you cant select it, I called Samsung and they just hanged up on me.

Offer is gone from BestBuy as well. Only available from Tmobile directly

Gone from Tmobile too. Bestbuy had offer expiration date set to 3/5/23 but removed it on the 1st.......

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
So just to update. Gots to give big thanks to Tmobile for helping me out here. Surprisingly good customer service. I bought Note 10 for 200 bucks and traded that for 800 at the store and got S23U. Tmobile also credited me 250 to account to match 1000 promo deal and 50 for some other misunderstandings. And I sold my S22U locally. Came out +140 in wallet and free S23U

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk