Samsung.com S10/+: Pre-Order Thread

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Well my Best Buy went smoothly I am so happy. You have to go in store not online and they will take your unlocked phone and you can buy an unlocked phone outright I didn't have to put anything down for pre-order used to be 50 bucks I thought way back. But anyway I will go in give them my phone when the phone is in and they said they reset it for me not too and they will give me 550 to use towards the new phone. I did end up doing the pink I hope I like it.

And also back during Black Friday Samsung Pay had a 30% up to $200 cash back from Best Buy and we bought these Arlo cameras and it let me use my 200 visa gift card in my Samsung pay to get a Best Buy gift card so now I will save 550 for the phone and use my 200 gift card and only have to pay the difference get a good case and protector and be done.

They had a black one on display I took some pics and tried out the different wallpapers and took pics with different ones on the phone. I can't wait! They said depending on how many they get in and how many are ahead of me will depend on if it's March 8th or not. I figured maybe unlocked pink wouldn't be too popular and so I did it My husband will still get his prism white through Samsung though.

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
There are 2 different sections in the fine print. The $650 part which only applies to carrier phones. That part does say off of monthly. The other section is trade in part and that is $550 and includes unlocked. That part is giftcard.

As far as cancel from Samsung, as long as Cancel button is there it is no problem. Once they start preparing the shipment it will go away and then you can not cancel.

Yeah I went in to Best Buy on my lunch and they were so much more helpful. They even called into Verizon, cancelled all 3 of my preorders that I made through Samsung directly, and then re-ordered through Best Buy. Somehow we are paying a few dollars lesss (each line) per month on the phones. They stated the trade-in will be given to us as a giftcard that can be used to put towards the balance on the phone.

Another plus is we can go pick it up on the 8th instead of waiting for it to be shipped to you.

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Well my Best Buy went smoothly I am so happy. You have to go in store not online and they will take your unlocked phone and you can buy an unlocked phone outright I didn't have to put anything down for pre-order used to be 50 bucks I thought way back. But anyway I will go in give them my phone when the phone is in and they said they reset it for me not too and they will give me 550 to use towards the new phone. I did end up doing the pink I hope I like it.

And also back during Black Friday Samsung Pay had a 30% up to $200 cash back from Best Buy and we bought these Arlo cameras and it let me use my 200 visa gift card in my Samsung pay to get a Best Buy gift card so now I will save 550 for the phone and use my 200 gift card and only have to pay the difference get a good case and protector and be done.

They had a black one on display I took some pics and tried out the different wallpapers and took pics with different ones on the phone. I can't wait! They said depending on how many they get in and how many are ahead of me will depend on if it's March 8th or not. I figured maybe unlocked pink wouldn't be too popular and so I did it My husband will still get his prism white through Samsung though.

My experience with Best Buy was much better as well. They told me that I was the 4th pre-order and they have plenty of each phone coming in, and they have always got them on the launch date.

accordex#AC

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Had a chat as well about the $50.00 credit. My rep said they're trying to figure out how to handle the error and they are aware of it and I'd be receiving a follow up email.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Pre Ordered, best buy unlocked s10 plus. no problems with availability or anything. But when I first looked at the verizon version, the system said the reserves have been met, we'll inform you when it will ship.

lyun17

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Went into BestBuy today to reserve the unlocked GS10+ 128GB prism blue since Samsung.com was sold out of the T-Mobile variant. They said I could trade in my Note 8 the day I go pick up the phone and apply the giftcard to pay of the GS10+. Pretty simple.

I come home to find out that Samsung.com has the T-Mobile variant in stock again so I decided to pre-order through Samsung. I'll just cancel the BestBuy reserve.

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Bought an unlocked blue S10+ 128GB. Ship date March 15. Bonus 900 points for Samsung pay.

Would have gotten the AT&T version but the only 128 GB left was flamingo pink. Ceramic 1TB was available but out of my price range.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Well my husband is still getting his from Samsung the prism white which is what I had originally ordered but when are credit card got declined they told me the order wasn't going to go through so I just cancelled it was going to reorder and they were out of the white. But my husband's orders still good but it says the 15th even though we were supposed to get it on the 8th from doing the reserve.

And Best Buy said it just depends how many they get in whether I'm going to get it on the 8th or not but now I'm kind of upset well I'm not upset but I ended up choosing the flamingos pink I don't know if I really am going to like it I like the metallic shiny back of the blue and the white. But their will be a case on it so it's no big deal.

I just wish that I had known that Best Buy would take our unlocked and so has unlocked out right in the beginning I would have never dealt with that Samsung nightmare this rep made me so mad today and it said their were 300 in que ahead of me waiting for a supervisor and she came back to the phone every 2 minutes are you sure that I can't help you do you have any other questions that I kept saying no I just need a supervisor no about she was making me so mad after the 10th time of her asking me I hung up.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Went into BestBuy today to reserve the unlocked GS10+ 128GB prism blue since Samsung.com was sold out of the T-Mobile variant. They said I could trade in my Note 8 the day I go pick up the phone and apply the giftcard to pay of the GS10+. Pretty simple.

I come home to find out that Samsung.com has the T-Mobile variant in stock again so I decided to pre-order through Samsung. I'll just cancel the BestBuy reserve.
Call me old school. I didn't know BestBuy can order unlocked phone. Thought they only deal At&t, Sprint, and Very.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I’ve preordered the prism white S10 plus in 128GB. I’m coming from an iPhone XS Max which has a trade in value of £770 and my S10 plus costs £899.

DTRRT

Feb 22, 2019
Visit site
I ordered the ceramic white 512. They always say “shop by March 8th” but come Tuesday or Wednesday you’ll get your tracking number via UPS or fed ex

Jaytee2014

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I pre ordered 2 yesterday at samsung.com, and also 2 trade ins. But then i got an email today saying my other order is temporarily on hold because only 1 per household is qualified for trade ins.

erzhik

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

When you pre-ordered with BB, did they put down the value of your trade in? Or did they say you will get your trade-in when you pick up the S10?

cocob89

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
When you pre-ordered with BB, did they put down the value of your trade in? Or did they say you will get your trade-in when you pick up the S10?
If preordered in store, the trade in process will be done in store the day you pick up your phone. Since you aren't charged anything for in store preorder, the trade in value can be applied at time of purchase

erzhik

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If preordered in store, the trade in process will be done in store the day you pick up your phone. Since you aren't charged anything for in store preorder, the trade in value can be applied at time of purchase

Yeah, that's what I was told too. However the trade-in promo ends 3/7, with phone releasing on 3/8. Don't want them to tell me that the trade-in promo ended and I'm gonna get $150 instead of $550

Mike75024

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for an AT&T branded phone direct from Samsung and most of the choices are sold out. Is it likely that there will be additional availability during the earbud promotion?

Beth Hahn

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
So I want to preorder this. Tried bb the day after the pre-order started but the SKU number for the Verizon white s10 was broken. So decided to wait. Now I'm curious is it better to preorder from Samsung? I've never ordered from them before and I want to trade in my s9 but if I remember Samsung is picky with trade ins. My phone is mint so I don't see an issue. If I go through bb it's 50 cheaper too.

Beth Hahn

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
Hmm maybe I'll stick with bb the last trade in I had was pretty beat up but worked and they still gave me the full credit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene