Samsung Galaxy S3 became working slow

Taran Singh1

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 became working slow - solved

I have had my Galaxy s3 and the phone has gotten laggy and slower at each update

I was going to go back to iphone - thats how bad this phone was. The animation settings do nothing to stop the lag and general slowness
opening the camera app would take around 8 seconds - opening contacts took around 10 seconds
swapping from one app to another was a nightmare and sometimes i wanted to throw the phone out of the window :mad:

one suggestion that did get rid of the lag was to go to the running apps and delete cache data for touchwiz
- ( BEWARE THIS WILL GET RID OF YOUR HOMESCREEN LAYOUTS ) - and stopped soem runnign apps -
this did speed everything up by 40% but got me thinking - i realised that the phone isnt slow its just samsungs over bloated crap that is slowing everything down.

THE SOLUTION ;)

I decided to root the phone and installed Cyanogen - no lag no slowdown my phone and camera apps open straight away
it feels like a brand new phone and worthy of a quad core processor label - :p

cyanogen also has a great easy to use one click install method now

Arun S3

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 became working slow - solved

I decided to root the phone and installed Cyanogen - no lag no slowdown my phone and camera apps open straight away
it feels like a brand new phone and worthy of a quad core processor label - :p

cyanogen also has a great easy to use one click install method now

Hi Taran, Could you please tell me which version of Cyanogen ROM u installed ?

Stefanie0402

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Oh thats an easy fix. Go to settings-> developer options-> turn it on if its off-> then turn off window, transition and animator scale and depending on what it was set on before, youll notice a difference in opening apps. You cant get any faster than this without rooting the phone

Posted via Android Central App

Awesome tip!!! Thank you!!!

mudeyi jackson

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
My samsung galaxy s3 version android 4.3 try to help to reback my phone as before i upgrading it because is now slow and complicated compare before i upgrading it

Posted via the Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
How do you enable developer options on the Samsung Galaxy S3?
Navigate to Settings -> More (if using the Tab view) -> About phone, then tap on 'Build number' eight times and that will unhide that menu item.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vergoña69