Samsung Galaxy S3 "Camera Failed"

Scott Clegg

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
If you're getting the error message "Camera Failed" AND a message regarding your SD Card this should alleviate the issue:

1) From the Home Screen:
Touch "Apps"> find and select the "Settings" app > scroll and select "Application Manager" > swipe over until the tab at the top reads "All" > Scroll down and touch "Camera" > Tap on Camera > press "Clear Cache".
2) Take the back off your phone.
3) Identify and remove your SD card.
4) Reinsert the SD card.
5) Restart the device.

This worked for me, it might be temporary, but it worked none the less.
So thank you.

dmizell

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Follow the same steps as to clear the cache but instead clear the data. My camera has failed on me on two occasions and clearing the data worked each time. Hope this helps. Btw clearingthe cache did nothing for me.

Steve Bialkowski

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I went to "Settings" than "More" Then go over to "All" And go to your "Camera App" then "Clear Catche" then take the back cover off your phone take out your "SD Card" and then "Re Insert your SD Card" and then "Restart" Your phone my Camera worked fine after that.

Mya Targerian

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I can't find the Applidium Image Cache folder, I found the other one and the cash was empty because I previously went in settings>application manager to delete the camera's cash. I also tried rebooting, unmounting the sd card, restarting the phone, nothing, it is showing me camera failed in every application that uses camera. I tried deleting the cache, I tried uninstalling Facebook MEssanger, and the latest 4-5 applications that I installed, I tried every single suggestion from this thread nothing works. Any other idea?

Last edited:

pr0princ3

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
GUYS i got my problem fixet very easy... I was wandering around the internet how to fix the problem.. i am not saying that it will work for everybody, so i want to give another option to try for all you guys who have failed to remove that message. SO turns out SKYPE had something to do with this. I logged out of skype- turned off auto sign-in in skype settings and guess what.. Voala.. the message was no longer there. So i suggest you try this and i hope it works.. Have a nice day!

911phonerepair

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Okay guys I just solved the problem for one of my customers . The way to solve the problem you will need to change the front camera that's what fixed my problem hope this works for you guys
From 911 phone repair

WhooooopS

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 "Camera Failed"

Hello guys

Im also new here and i have also the same problem as well as the others,
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 4G when im using to my camera app, and turn it into the front cam there is a always a poped up saying that " Warning Camera Failed" and i can't even use it.
My phone was a gift from my brother and its about to 1 week old.

If anyone have a solution please help me guys, Thank you for your concern.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello guys

Im also new here and i have also the same problem as well as the others,
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 4G when im using to my camera app, and turn it into the front cam there is a always a poped up saying that " Warning Camera Failed" and i can't even use it.
My phone was a gift from my brother and its about to 1 week old.

If anyone have a solution please help me guys, Thank you for your concern.

ctp1986

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
My S3 phone was working perfect and then suddenly camera began freezing and I would get black screen, battery was draining rapidly, phone was heating up. I went to the Verizon store and it was determined that Google GPS locater service was causing the problem. Go to Google app, Settings, then turn to "off" for "Access to my location" when not in use. Everything worked fine after that. Before we did that, we had to pull the battery to get it to reset because the phone had frozen and would not power off using the on/off button.

Bryna Ramirez

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
My camera failed issue was resolved the same way.

Shut down your phone.
Pop off the back.
Take out SD Card.
Close phone.
Restart.
Confirm your camera is working.
Shut down your phone.
Pop off the back.
Replace SD Card.
Close phone.
Restart.
Confirm your camera is working.

It ended up being the SD Card sitting all wonky inside my phone that was causing it to glitch.

Julie Grisaffe

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
The problem is not the SD card because my Samsung Galaxy 3 does not have an SD Card. Every time this happens I have to "force stop" the camera app, then clear all data, then restart my phone. It works for a few days until I have to repeat procedure. Hopefully Google or Samsung will find a solution fast!!! Very Frustrating!!:confused:

Teosto

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Had the same issue so I googled for help and found this thread.
For me the thing that fixed it was clear cache from Best Face and Camera apps (I cleared the data actually but I think cache might be enough) and then restarted the phone.

While I did drop my phone recently I'm pretty sure the culprit was an app I downloaded just a day ago. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ss.it.macro.creator.time.saver&token=aEP2K76o

This app let's you specify actions on power button presses. I made it snap a photo on two presses and tried it a few times. It was taking the pictures but later on I couldn't find them on gallery. Not sure if it tried to save them on sd card (which was not inserted in the phone) but I ended up deleting the app.

So after reading these replies it sounds like it could be a hardware issue or software one like it was for me and some other people who used this certain flashlight app (Brightest Flashlight -app that I've been using seems to work fine though).
Maybe it's something with apps with bad coding so that the camera settings get changed and are then rendered unusable by the stock camera app.

Hope you get your cameras fixed too. For me it seems to work, at least for now.

Jon Hilderbrand

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I held my thumb down on "something" while using Zoom Camera Pro, and suddenly it stopped working AND the Camera stopped. I tried clearing data--nothing. Cache--nothing. Restart--nothing. Shut down and restart--nada. Finally rmoved the battery for a second and put it back in--viola! Works fine.

Bob Isbell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
My rear facing camera failed months ago and has worked off and on since then; sometimes when starting the camera app and sometimes tapping on the phone. I have cleared all the caches through app manager and recovery mode and done a half dozen factory resets as well as removed battery while phone is on and ALL those other suggestions. I just replaced the rear facing camera today and the camera is still a problem so it has to be something wrong on the mainboard. Sometimes while pressing the mainboard while in camera mode affects the picture but I am not able to determine where the issue is since everything on that board is SO SMALL. Anyone have any ideas based on the troubleshooting I have listed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali