Samsung Galaxy S3 "Camera Failed"

AnAndroidDroid

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
For those who 'fixed' it by trying any of the suggests solutions that involves switching off or restarting the phone at some point, is the problem coming back?

I've had my phone for about a year as well, and first experienced this problem a couple of months ago. Happens with default camera app and all other camera apps, including QR/barcode scanners.

My problem was always solved by restarting the phone, but eventually the problem comes back. It's been occurring more and more frequently (now happens daily) its getting very annoying.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

klee23

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
HI,
Today i cant use my camera? its continue to saying camera failed, i already reset my phone
i also tried to clear cache but still the same. What should i do about this?
i tried to download other camera application and its working

thanks

Adarsh A

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 "Camera Failed"

guys pls you just remove your battery and the back cover . then you remove your camera and wait2 second then you refix camera ..then you close youe cover and putt battery ..and open your mobile and check your camera that one working properly...check and replay me ...

tanks

- - - Updated - - -

guys pls you just remove your battery and the back cover . then you remove your camera and wait2 second then you refix camera ..then you close youe cover and putt battery ..and open your mobile and check your camera that one working properly...check and replay me ...

tanks

Razehsani

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Been having the camera failed issue since I did a factory reset, was working fine before this. Took phone apart made sure all connections secure. Did factory reset numerous times, tried to update in kies says I have latest firmwares. I tried the steps in this video and when the Camera Firmware menu comes up it doesn't give me any of the options and just exits soon after. I have a repair shop and I just can't figure this out. Even tried other camera app in play store but still getting camera failed. Someone help asap please.

peterchien82

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
So I read it somewhere and I tried!! it worked!
so, when your phone is still on, pull out the battery. wait for a while. and put it back in.
it fixed mine.

mariah bennett

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem, i have had my phone for a year and it keeps telling me camera failed. i haven't been able to use my camera for about a month now and its becoming very aggravating cause i use my camera for many projects. if you find a way to fix this can you please tell me..

YooperJ

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I uninstalled the Facebook Messenger app, and my camera still doesn't work. I have also removed the battery and restarted, deleted photos (even though there's 12GB still available on the phone), cleared the memory cache, added and removed an SD card, updated the phone's firmware, and messed with screws on the phone. So far, nothing has worked. I get the "camera failed" error every time.

Nicka DropXdead

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Habe the same problem now. Almodt everyone has it? Is it possible to be the camera having the problem and NOT thr software? :/

Posted via Android Central App

onejohn512

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
My Mega Cam fails the diagnostics and I'm receiving the camera failed message. The suggested solutions don't work. Like many others my phone is just over a year old. The phone has never been damaged, is in pristine condition protected by body glove case since 1st few days of ownership. Samsung are you listening?

Anuj Vohra

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I got it fixed by following these steps:

1. Connect your device to your laptop using data cable
2. Go to folder: Computer\SAMSUNG-SGH-I747\Phone\Applidium Image Cache
3. Delete everything in this folder
4. Go to folder: Computer\SAMSUNG-SGH-I747\Phone\Android\data\com.sec.android.gallery3d\cache
5. Delete everything in this folder
6. Restart your phone
7. Camera works :)

onejohn512

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Onejohn512
The solutions here need to specify which carrier is being used as different carriers have differing setups. Unfortunately my camera is still not working. It did start to work again for a day or so, but it apparently as far as I can tell had nothing to do with any of the fixes suggested in this forum. Does anyone have Verizon as the carrier and know which file or directory is the Mega Cam camera when you access the phone via the USB cable? Or have any suggestions to fix specific to the "Camera failed" message for the Galaxy S3 with Verizon as the carrier?

Anuj Vohra
I got it fixed by following these steps:

1. Connect your device to your laptop using data cable
2. Go to folder: Computer\SAMSUNG-SGH-I747\Phone\Applidium Image Cache [directory does not exist on Verizon phone I have]
3. Delete everything in this folder
4. Go to folder: Computer\SAMSUNG-SGH-I747\Phone\Android\data\com.sec.android.gallery3d\cache [deleted the contents of the equivalent named
directory and restarted ...did not work]
5. Delete everything in this folder
6. Restart your phone
7. Camera works​

Robert_LK

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I dropped my galaxy s3 and my camera stopped working but I downloaded a new camera app and the front camera works but not the back one

Posted via Android Central App