Reekysporran

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Since I "upgraded" my S4 for 4.3 a few weeks back I suffer from;

Freezing when typing
Stickiness when opening apps
Longer response times
Lower battery life.

What on earth is going on? Samsung are of no use whatsoever.

marclevesque

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone figured out if you can automatically activate Driving Mode like before the update? You can connect to the "Car" profile, but it doesn't start Driving Mode anymore.

Any solution on this one?

Since the update I've had the opposite problem: driving mode keeps coming on when my phone connects to Bluetooth in the car. I want to stop this. I had found a way before the update but those options are no longer available.

S4 on Bell Canada

crozar

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I've tested this enabling everything from my settings and my phone runs fine on high memory usage, the thing which made my phone slower was if you have any bloat apps from the Playstore that can interfere with the system apps.

Anyway you can try my running settings I got my system stripped down, I'm using nova launcher for my home screen and also stripped down for performance , you got to do a lot of reading for you to do what I've done, and last but not least force stopping some system processes that seem to run for no important reason, you will figure them out if you know what does or doesn't require. I have lots of widgets running and even Google now with OK Google listening, trust me my home screen pages is filled with widgets that shows me all the information needed it's my portal I am experiencing a little battery life drainage problems and some slow sluggish performance here and there but as for complaints you should maybe focus on complaining about other things heh

zmajovski5522

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Well since the last update that was just few days before new year and that was the second update where i was expecting that they will resolve the problems nothing,problems are stil the same,losing wifi conection,freazing a lot,internet problem i canot use phones internet browser,i am using chrom,slower phone.i switched to phones launcher and deleted a lot of other applications.please i wont my old phone back or i am switching on i phone 5.

VisionFirst

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I see you are getting music onto your SD card. I am having trouble copying music to my 64 gig in my Galaxy S4 from a CD using a transfer data cable via USB. I am connected as a media device but Kies and the computer do not recognize the phone and does not show up in the software as a device. Any help would be appreciated.

Mustafa Talat

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,
I am currently using Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500. I rooted it on Android Jellybean 4.2.2. Two days back I updated it to 4.3. Now I cannot sign into my Gmail ID saying that a reliable connection could not be established and SuperSU is asking to install SU binaries or re-root the device. The question is that how can I sign in to my Gmail ID.

Thanks in advance

john dinopol

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
i have problem also in my s4.in messaging.........................unfurtunately messaging has stopped. it comes out block and white if i will open the message.

Phantomflyer

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I see you are getting music onto your SD card. I am having trouble copying music to my 64 gig in my Galaxy S4 from a CD using a transfer data cable via USB. I am connected as a media device but Kies and the computer do not recognize the phone and does not show up in the software as a device. Any help would be appreciated.

First make sure you have the highest class SD card! Mine is a class 10. The minimum is class 4...I wouldn't touch that even though it is supposed to be okay!

Simple (at least for the way I do it). Don't use Kies! Plug your phone in to your PC with the USB cable and wait for the autoplay dialogue to come up. Then choose "open device to view files". Then double click your external storage. You can now copy or drag and drop your music into a folder (I created one called "My Music" ). When done, unplug the phone and you will see (I use Player Pro - costs a few bucks but is the BEST!) your music through whatever app you use to play it. With Player Pro, all you need to do is hit "refresh media store" and all the stuff is organised by album, artist, genre - etc.... Make absolutely sure that you format your SD card OUTSIDE the phone before first use using Windows and a card reader. Don't forget to "dismount" the card before pulling it out, then "mount" again after putting in then turning on the phone again. There is a thread here (I think it's here, but if not, do a google search or ask me again if you haven't found it and I'll give you the link) telling how to put a new card in without it dismounting on its own.

I have no luck whatsoever trying to transfer anything to my card (or phone) using Kies! See the thread "Dear Samsung and AT&T: Kies sucks" in this site! It was a thread started by someone else...Kies 3 (the latest) will not recognise anything on my (and thousands of other Galaxy owners) phone. That's how bad it is. So, don't even try using Kies - it most likely will not work, least of all even recognise your phone!

Good luck. PM me if you need help.
Cheers

PrPrOo

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I can't access the ServiceMode main menu after updating to 4.3 and I need it to be able to unlock the phone for other carriers...
Is there are way I can downgrade it to 4.2.2? I tried it with Odin but I got proccess failed everytime and then had to use the recovery image...

llowery32

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

I am new to the Android world, and to this forum so please bear with me
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) about 3 months ago and i love it. will never go back.
I was running Android 4.2.2 and things were beautiful.
Yesterday i updated to Android 4.3 and since then things have not been so great.
The phone is slow to respond with swipes, opening apps etc.
It just seems generally sluggish and slow, bot like before, seems like allot of memory is being used.
i clear the memory and close open apps, but it doesn't seem to help.

please help
thank you

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Update your phone to 4.4.x if its available.It makes the device much faster.

I didn't face any slow downs in 4.3 (try turning off those stupid animations in developer options).

If those solutions don't work for you , try to clear up the cache in boot menu or try resetting your device.

Pierre2020

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I am having exactly the same problem. I am now running Android 4.3 on my Galaxy S3, but cannot state that things got worse at the time it went from 4.2 to 4.3.
The phone is particularly sluggish when it comes to pulling out contact details when I select a particular contact person.
Any advice as to what should be done to deal with this issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777