Samsung Galaxy S4 - Kies Sync Problems after Latest firmware updates! "unsupported device alert"

companionlink

Feb 9, 2010
www.companionlink.com
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 - Kies Sync Problems after Latest firmware updates! "unsupported device alert"

Being able to sync is vital to me, so I have spent hours trying to find a workable solution, without success. I looked for later updates but couldn't find any. [I did find on Hippo one that said it was a later version, but it wasn't.]

Save yourself the heartache and buy a 3rd-party utility to handle the sync. It's well worth it if sync is important to you. You'll be a happy camper because 3rd-party tools are more stable, offer tech support, and don't break on updates. Many people are reporting Kies Outlook sync becoming more unreliable with time.

CompanionLink is one 3rd-party tool (I'm biased, of course) that comes with telephone technical support.

shendersonrn

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 - Kies Sync Problems after Latest firmware updates! "unsupported device alert"

I am trying to connect my galaxy s3 to my windows 8 laptop via USB and receive the following pop-up: Failed to connect the device......connection or use may be restricted if device access is prohibited by your computer's security program. Does anyone know if any help for this, so far, I haven't found anything....maybe I haven't looked hard enough either?

JAPRESA

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

Japresa's post helped me.

Glad my post was able to help you out annaisaway.

Funny thing is that I just did an "upgrade" (or should I say downgrade) to Kies and had more syncing issues. I usually sync one area at a time to ovoid overloading the mediocre at best Kies software. First synced Contacts with no issue. Tried syncing Calendar and bam...got the syncing error message. I tried everything to try and get it to sync then discovered that now the Contacts wouldn't sync either. Another A+ experience thanks to the consistent product and updates produced by the excellent Samsung software team..."A" as in AGGRAVATING / ANNOYING / AWFUL / ATROCIOUS / ABYSMAL.

Then I remembered about my post and searched for the forum through my email and found my posted solution. Followed my own advice and am back up and syncing again with no issues. Thinking about getting the S5 or the Note 4 (when it comes out). Going to do some research first to see what time-killing, productivity-killing, brain-straining issues the Samsung Kies software is causing users on these devices. I am not a lawyer but there has to be enough major issues that would warrant a class action lawsuit against Samsung for all the hours we have all wasted on their deliberate sabotaging of the Kies software. I would definitely be more than willing to jump on that opportunity if and when it arises. I am going to start speaking with some lawyers.

annaisaway

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

Posted by Japresa
"Going to do some research first to see what time-killing, productivity-killing, brain-straining issues the Samsung Kies software is causing users on these devices."

LMAO, too funny!

Let us know the outcome from the lawyer discussions.

Good luck

annaisaway

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

Lianne,

Have you read Japresa's post and followed it?

It worked perfectly for me in terms of syncing calendar and contacts however you may get mutiple copies of your contacts.

Jose Perez23

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site

"ALERTA DISPOSITIVO INCOMPATIBLE" CON LAS ACTUALIZACIONES DE KIES - SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 - NO SINCRONIZAN DESPUÉS ÚLTIMA ACTUALIZACIÓN DE FIRMWARE! CON LAS ACTUALIZACIONES DE KIES… OJO… NO ACTUALICES

Si tienes un GALXY S4… OJO.. NO ACTUALICES a la versión Kies 2.6…. ya que te indicará que no es compatible, obligándote para poder hacer copia de seguridad que instales Kies 3.0.

ESTO ES LO QUE PASA SI LO HACES: OJO NO ACTUALICES OJO, déjalo como lo compraste. Guarda todo a través de las nubes creada en internet llámense Dropox, Driver y afines. NO ACTUALICES, de lo contrario tendrás un equipo de última generación que por lo demás es costoso “SOLO DE ADORNO”

Sólo muestra básica y copia de seguridad... pierdes todas las sincronizaciones de contactos, correos, música y afines.
RESPUESTAS DE SOPORTE ONLINE EQUIPO CENTRO DE ATENCIÓN AL CLIENTE DE SAMSUNG:
KIES 3 NO ADMITE LA SINCRONIZACIÓN DE SUS CONTACTOS, CALENDARIO, MEMO O MULTIMEDIA Y NO PUEDE EDITAR INFORMACIÓN DE MÚSICA O LISTA DE REPRODUCCIÓN DE GESTIÓN. ADEMÁS DE ESTO USTED NO SERÁ CAPAZ DE UTILIZAR KIES 3 PARA LA EDICIÓN DE CONTACTOS, APLICACIONES DE LA TIENDA O DEL PODCAST.

OTRA RESPUESTAS DE SOPORTE ONLINE EQUIPO CENTRO DE ATENCIÓN AL CLIENTE DE SAMSUNG:
En la actualidad, Samsung no tienen forma de sincronizar la información contenida con su s4.
"Alerta dispositivo incompatible" con las actualizaciones de Kies - Samsung Galaxy S4 - NO sincronizan Problemas después Últimas actualizaciones de firmware! con las actualizaciones de Kies

OJO NO ACTUALICES OJO

annaisaway

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

New Problem! In addition to getting duplicate contacts and not being able to sync future events only, I am finding that the exact dates of events are not accurate. This is bad. Does anyone have these problems and how have you fixed them?

Dalip Singh

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

The same problem with my new Galaxy Grand 2...neither the customer service agent able to help but simply wasted my time by sounding lacking product knowledge.Wonder why Samsung has made things difficult for their customers who spend thousands of rupees to upgrade their handsets.Earlier was not the case,where I could synch and back up easily through Kies.Bad service.....

designermmg

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

hi you sound as stressed as me. Is it normal for the back up to take a few hours. its just sitting on contacts.. im bit stuck with this all. :(

annaisaway

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

That is def not normal. Maybe you have to disable security features...hope you sorted it out.

I am eligible to upgrade in a few months and so I will be giving up this phone and not going with Samsung unfortunately. Just too many problems syncing.

annaisaway

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

I tried the Smart Switch thinking it can't be any worse but it won't sinc because a problem was detected. Tried to restart and same thing....this is truely mind boggling. How can a company just not get it right? What can possibly be the problem?

Robin Wenz1

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site

I was told many years ago that any computer might say it has x amount of memory, BUT your programs (Bloatware, Internet, security etc) all tak up much space - so yes, you can have 16 meg and only 10 available for this reason. Sadly, we don't have say in what programs that we want - which I can't understand why these devloper idiots don't get it, we want what WE want!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Anthony