Samsung Galaxy S6 So tired of hearing negative reports is anyone happy

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: So tired of hearing negative reports is anyone happy

I got my S6 Edge today on AT&T and I am VERY happy. The screen hasn't been off for more than 10 seconds before I pick it back up and light it up just to look at it and admire the build quality and the screen is mind blowing good.
This phone is completely awesome IMO. I'm not even using a launcher. Touchwiz under 5.0.2 and having the ability to set the grid on the screen makes me happy with it out of the box.
I disabled 20 apps that I don't use. Installed everything I love and couldn't be happier.
I honestly couldn't care less who doesn't like it. go get something else. it's great to have choices.
The phone is stupid fast, the double click camera in .7 seconds is so flippin killer.
SO glad I went edge. I played with both at bestbuy before ordering. Edge was my fav. I'm sure the regular 6 is fantastic for those that don't want the edge.

Just as an FYI.
My screen doesn't have touch issues on the edges
My screen doesn't look all scratched up like some people reported.
My camera light is NOT stuck on.

My device is perfect. It came in a samsung box, (not an orange and white AT&T box) with samsung headphones that are actually not bad at all.
I have Nothing bad to say about this device. If I had to nit pick anything at all, I wish I could drag the little edge "tab" a little lower... that's about as negative as I can get.
I am one happy happy happy S6 Edge owner.

hbgmysite

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

When I tried to stand the phone up for a shot, a wayward gust of wind made the phone fall on its back. Normally, this wouldn’t be a problem as it’s not even a real drop, but on picking up the phone, a crack in the glass that covers the camera optics could be seen." Who tries to stand the phone up

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: So tired of hearing negative reports us anyone happy

@fdj726
live in the past much? Touchwiz on the S6 is smooth and lag free.
Head on over to iMore and be happy. you obviously have no idea what you are talking about here.
troll somewhere else. the samsung atvi came out long before iPhone6 and iPhone6 copied it to a T.
iOS 8 was the buggiest piece of crap ever released. 8.3 update is 99% bug fixes which are STILL happening 6 months later because it was so bad. I work at apple. so I know how bad iOS 8 is.

0dBu

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

I'm loving mine, there are some things that I would change but it gets a 10 in my book.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

I think it depends on the device you're coming from. If you're coming from any other android phone, you'll probably be happy. Myself, coming from an iphone, I don't see the need to buy it. Seems Samsung copied pretty much everything about the iphone. The speaker placement, the hardware, fingerprint ID and a few others for example.

Sure the specs are better on paper. But you still have a laggy touchwiz launcher. They say it's been trimmed down but all I've heard so far is that with Samsung and carrier bloat totals an unnecessary 56 apps. Samsung still has years to go to be buttery smooth. I'll admit the iphone isn't as buttery smooth as in the past but it's still more reliable than this phone.

How would you know it is more reliable since the S6 just got released???

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site

I think it depends on the device you're coming from. If you're coming from any other android phone, you'll probably be happy. Myself, coming from an iphone, I don't see the need to buy it. Seems Samsung copied pretty much everything about the iphone. The speaker placement, the hardware, fingerprint ID and a few others for example.

Sure the specs are better on paper. But you still have a laggy touchwiz launcher. They say it's been trimmed down but all I've heard so far is that with Samsung and carrier bloat totals an unnecessary 56 apps. Samsung still has years to go to be buttery smooth. I'll admit the iphone isn't as buttery smooth as in the past but it's still more reliable than this phone.

Add me to the list of ppl that totally disagree with this. I'm not a fanboy of Apple or Android. I used iPhones for years..still have my iPhone 6 as a backup. I do think there are similarites between the iPhone and S6 but Samsung did not "copy" Apple. And to say this version of TW on the S6 is laggy and not buttery smooth proves you havent used one. If you did you would know thats not the case, as many ppl here will tell you. I have experienced NO lag since I've owned mine. Even doing speed test side by side with my iPhone 6 the S6 opens and loads apps just as fast and in some cases faster than the iphone. If you prefer iOS thats great. But dont knock the S6 until you have one.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

I have the Note Edge. People thought that the device was gimmicky. The only people that seemed to like it was Flossy Carter and I think PocketNow on youtube. At any rate, The S6 Edge and S6 are stunning. Samsung did a great job with that phone.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Apple copied the HTC m8 with its all metal design. So who cares, everyone copies what works.

fjd726

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

@fdj726
live in the past much? Touchwiz on the S6 is smooth and lag free.
Head on over to iMore and be happy. you obviously have no idea what you are talking about here.
troll somewhere else. the samsung atvi came out long before iPhone6 and iPhone6 copied it to a T.
iOS 8 was the buggiest piece of crap ever released. 8.3 update is 99% bug fixes which are STILL happening 6 months later because it was so bad. I work at apple. so I know how bad iOS 8 is.

Im sure it's a huge overhaul than the note 4....... I had in December. That thing is a brick of lag city. Oh yeah, the camera in that is complete garbage as well. Only thing good about it was taking photos of sunny days with no movement. If you have kids or pets, forget about even taking a decent photo. As of the S6, to me is still more of the same laggy touchwiz from what I've seen. I think this phone is better than the Note 4 but it's way over-hyped.

If all your used to is android, the lag may not seem like a big deal to you. Not going to argue about software on each, it's obvious iphone's software is better designed for their own hardware.That's the issue with android, too many different manufacturers to get it to run right on every device.

LynnL

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site

I'm very happy so far. I do miss the 360 carousel, and I wish there were more themes in the theme store with simple color schemes. Most of the ones there right now look like an 8 year old girl's birthday party exploded or something.

But the phone is pretty, OMG the fast charger is FAST, I love having 64 gb and do not miss the SD card, battery life is still TBD but I just ordered the Aukey fast-charging battery bank and that assuages my concerns a bit. The screen is super pretty, I love Smart Lock, I love having the choice about icon size/rows per screen, S Find is great, and the settings overall seem a bit more user friendly.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

is the alleged poor battery standby due to WIFI calling activated?

Microsoft1080

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site

Very happy with the device and the nicest phone ever in my opinion. Don't get me wrong I've run into quite a few bugs or problems like example an annoying one is auto brightness will turn off automatically for me allot but I'm still loving the device.

Posted via the Android Central App

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

Im sure it's a huge overhaul than the note 4....... I had in December. That thing is a brick of lag city. Oh yeah, the camera in that is complete garbage as well. Only thing good about it was taking photos of sunny days with no movement. If you have kids or pets, forget about even taking a decent photo. As of the S6, to me is still more of the same laggy touchwiz from what I've seen. I think this phone is better than the Note 4 but it's way over-hyped.

If all your used to is android, the lag may not seem like a big deal to you. Not going to argue about software on each, it's obvious iphone's software is better designed for their own hardware.That's the issue with android, too many different manufacturers to get it to run right on every device.
Sorry man. I've had every iPhone but the 4s and have had my 6 plus since launch. The S6 is every bit as smooth as the 6 plus and in the 5 days I've had it has been less buggy than ios8. I even only had one app force close on me (directv) in 5 days of use. My 6 plus locks up every other day. Still a great device and I'm leaning towards keeping it as well. But it's obvious you don't have an s6 as your comments are completely off base. If you want to talk negative about the battery life..ok. some people are experiencing issues and I can see that although I'm not one of them. But to say this phone lags, is buggy, is not smooth tells me you have not used one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JGravitas

May 20, 2010
Visit site

Add me to the (large) list of happy S6 users. I have two complaints: first, every single theme in the Samsung store available so far looks like it was made by and for a 10-year-old girl or a frat boy; second, I'm used to being rooted (for at least the last five years and three phones), and I keep running into roadblocks that I normally just steamroll over because I'm trying hard NOT to root my S6 and get shut out of Samsung Pay before I even get a chance to try it.

But the phone itself is just fantastic.

irritateyou

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

Loving the phone.. It's just that I can't get the sim card slot open and that is very annoying.

limeaid

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

There are plenty of happy users. The only unhappy people that I have any sympathy for are the ones on TMobile or the ones that are having ridiculously high cell standby due to a bug.

What issues are tmobile users having exactly? Just bought bought mine and now I'm concerned

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I finally got it! It's awesome. I'm still getting used to it. I'm using touch wiz too.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86