Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Note 5 Owners

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 5 Owners

I have noticed one annoyance. I have had text literally undo itself that I was typing probably due to a finger wrapping around the phone to the right side and touching the screen there. I've had this happen a few times so far.

I had that same thing happen with the S6e has well. I'm hoping that it won't be as bad with the redesigned back, but it's also larger so idk....

I also had it long press the screen before, but that happens with the Note 5 too since I try to one hand it sometimes and shouldn't. :p

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Hm i think my screen might be a little different then. I'll try and take photos to share. The colors on my S7 Edge seem a bit more dulled.

ZeneticX

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

The S7/S7 Edge have a new Adaptive Brightness Control mode according to DisplayMate

The Galaxy S7 has a new interactive Personalized Automatic Brightness Control that learns and stores the display brightness settings that you set for different ambient light levels, so from then on you get your own customized personal visual brightness preferences instead of some pre-programmed manufacturer settings found in other smartphones, tablets, and TVs.

I can't post the link here because of my post counts but if you just go to DisplayMate website under Mobile Displays you should be able to find the S7/S7 Edge display review

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Quick question.

Is there a difference in colors on the devices? Like for instance if you go to the "Phone" application is the green on the top of the screen a duller color on the S7 Edge compared to the Note 5?

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

I took screenshots (though I've heard that screenshots won't show any screen issues) To show what I mean.

This is the S7 Edge
Screenshot_20160307-100425.jpg

and this is the Note 5
Screenshot_2016-03-07-11-07-07.jpg

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

I've only had my Note 5 for a month so I haven't noticed any lag. I just can't get the battery to give me more then two hours screen time in a day. Earlier, it lost 10% in two hours of just sitting there after taking it off the charger.
Go to application manager and uninstall updates for both Google Play services and the Google app. Then reinstall them when prompted. That should stop your battery drain while idle.

Dm1120

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site

So i'm in same boat. have my Note 5 and pre order s7edge but i'm afraid that the camera will be huge letdown,as at XDA forums there are conflict reports about quality.

Anyone that went S7 Edge how is the camera?

Absolutely insane camera in low light conditions. Pictures that I took in low light on my Note 5 look amazing when taken on the S7 Edge. For me that alone makes the camera better.

Posted via the Android Central App

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

Go to application manager and uninstall updates for both Google Play services and the Google app. Then reinstall them when prompted. That should stop your battery drain while idle.

Ill try this as well. Thanks for the tip. Because I am very frustrated ready to go over the "edge" lol. Seriously I want to toss this phone out of my car window and watch it slide several times. The battery is ridiculous for me on this phone. Im still going to call Verizon and get a replacement and i'll check the idle drain until I receive my new phone. My edge is functioning like her Note 5.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site

True i went to same places and made same shots, there is a LOT of difference, Note 5 photos are fine but S7E just wipe the floor with it, everything is so clear the detail and colour accuracy is PEFECT, despite 12MP when zoomed i can see more detail on S7E.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali