Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Wi-Fi Issue

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
OK EVERYONE, EVIDENTLY VERIZON HAS BEEN PAYING ATTENTION TO THE WIFI COMPLAINTS. UPDATE IS READY FOR DOWNLOAD. I ALREADY DID, AND NOT ONLY IS MY WIFI ISSUE FIXED, BUT MY S7 EDGE IS LIKE A ROCKET ON STEROIDS. ITS FLYING NO MATTER WHAT IM DOING. HOLY CRAP, IT'S WONDERFUL.

Posted via Android Central App

mikecomp93

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Yep a couple people have already posted about the wonders the Verizon update did. It's working fabulous for me as well!

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9869004)

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
There isn't really any reason to enable ipv6 on your router unless your ISP supports ipv6 connecting to the internet.

Also I would like to add that ever since I did disable ipv6 on my router my wifi at home has been trouble free with bluetooth enabled and all.

FLYLIME04

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
My issue with my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is a little different, but I'm hoping someone can help. I am unable to download anything from apps (e.g. Dogg catcher, Stitcher, Spotify, etc.) unless I stay in the app and wait for downloading to finish (which is really slow...like 3 minutes to download an hour-long podcast). I have my phone set to only download on wifi, and if the phone is locked, it gives me error messages like "waiting for network connection," even though I am on wifi. I cannot even browse the Internet while downloading. The only thing I can figure is that wifi is getting disconnected outside the app.

I read this forum and saw the posts about forcing Bluetooth to stop or installing the new updates that are supposed to fix wifi connectivity issues and neither worked. The only thing I have figured out is downloading will occur on lock mode if my phone is charging (still really slow though).

Any help is appreciated. I've been searching for a fix for several hours and really need to get this corrected since I primarily used my device to listen to podcasts and music.

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
When I was having Bluetooth connectivity issues, I wiped the cache partition, and that fixed it. Don't know whether that would help here.

marcuscole

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Been having the same Wifi issues with a new VerizonWireless GS7 Edge. Primarily with Google Services like Play Music, Maps, Gmail (long refresh times), etc on home Wifi network. Didn't have the issues on work Wifi or at other Wifi locations. Networking issues went away when Wifi was turned off. Tried using both 2.4gHZ and 5gHz bands on Wifi

Note that I don't have these WiFi issues on an Ipad4.

After reading this thread, tried using the Guest account approach on my Buffalo WZR-1750DHP running Version 2.29 firmware.
The other thing was that the Guest account uses WPA2-PSK / AES.

Bingo, problem seems to be solved.

I can't seem to be able to set the 2.4 and 5gHz wireless SSIDs to use WPA2-PSK/AES. They only have WPA/WPA2-mixed mode PSK using TKIP/AES Mixed mode encryption options

Also haven't been able to do phone firmware upgrade. Keep getting "Trouble Checking for System Updates" message.

djh_wolf

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi, been following this with interest as my wifi was fairly patchy (facebook constantly complaining about 'cannot connect at this time', forcing a wifi disable - enable cycle) . Also, syncing apps were poor.

Solution for me? Disable power saving. Battery still lasts almost 2 days and I get zero problems now. =)

ZMc1834

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm still having WiFi problems on my Verizon S7e even after the update. I have issues at home and at work. Bluetooth is off. Power saving is off. My router's basic configuration IPv6 was disabled, but it has another location that says auto-configuration or something along those lines that was enabled. I guess I will give that a shot by disabling it.

NineEyes

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I updated my Verizon GS7 to build MMB29M,G930VVRU2APB5 last night. It did not improved the WiFi issue plaguing me which is MightyText (connecting and sending text), and uploads from the Google Photos app don't work. My home network is fully IPV6-enabled (and tested) so I disabled IPV6, then disconnected and reconnected the GS7 from WiFi and these issues went away.

My Verizon GS5 didn't have issues with the same apps and network. I think Samsung and Verizon have some work to do.

Hats off to the folks at Mightytext for standing by their product and helping this non-paying "customer" through these problems.

tjf

Last edited:

Cplampman

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I was having some issues with my wifi even after the update from Verizon. I'm not real technical with computers so after seeing the ipv6 suggestions I opened a chat with tp-link to see how to turn it off. The guy said "yeah the ipv6 isn't causing the issue" and had me look in the wireless settings. He noticed that I had a lot of traffic in the area (apartment building) by having me enable wds bridging and hitting survey. The survey option showed a bunch of networks and the channel they were using. I then disabled wds bridging, and change the channel from auto to one that wasn't being used and it's been working like a charm since then. I really don't know what pretty much any of those settings mean and I don't think I've seen this suggested but just figured I'd throw it out there since it helped me.

Dmak74

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm having similar problems. My phone barely runs on WiFi and messed up the connection for all the other devices. I've called our Internet service provider. They had to do a remote access to reboot twice. We must got a new modem a couple months ago or speed is normally great. What do try next? I do I just purchased the phone.

Jay Man1

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I can confirm. I have reset the cache. I have applied all updates. Data connectivity is just plain slow. Internet is always dragging, whether on 4G or wifi. It's like data turns off before it should. It makes no difference. The update did not fix my issues. All other devices on these networks work just fine.

millett5

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I too had the initial issue described, and I THINK I found the solution. To be clear, the wifi on my phone connection is OK, but when wi-fi is enabled on my phone it seems to frequently slow down my computer internet connection and other devices.

First let me say that I think SpookDroid is onto something when he said:

Again, maybe a QoS setting is giving priority to the phone (I know I did that by accident on mine, setting up anything that had YouTube running to keep all bandwidth and everything else was left with less than 1Mbps no matter what they were running.)

He described how to fix this on the router with a firmware update. However, I went with a simpler solution for now. I simply disabled auto-updates on my phone. However, if you do this I would probably recommend re-enabling them at least once a week at night when you are asleep and your phone is charging. So far, I have not had the issue anymore. Again, this seems to confirm that my router was allowing my phone to "hog" the internet connection instead of equal distribution. Not sure how all of that works, but turning off auto-updates has worked for me so far.

Go to Google PlayStore > Top left tree bar icon > Settings > Auto-update apps

FLYLIME04

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I found a fix to continue downloading in the background on wifi. It does work when you turn off Power Saving Mode. Even better, if you go to battery, more, optimize battery usage, all apps, then you can turn off for apps you want to have downloads and notifications for while keeping Power Saving Mode on all the time.

Tlyn

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I FOUND A FIX FINALLY from the ATT forums. I unchecked the enhanced 4G LTE in settings under mobile data. I have no clue what it means but finally I can watch Youtube and listen to Pandora on this new phone!

Heronimus

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
I FOUND A FIX FINALLY from the ATT forums. I unchecked the enhanced 4G LTE in settings under mobile data. I have no clue what it means but finally I can watch Youtube and listen to Pandora on this new phone!
this one solved my wifi problem! Thanx

kyleresq

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine started doing that immediately after the AT&T update. I posted a thread about it somewhere else. I had the same issue with my prior S5 and turning off SmartConnect fixed it, but in this phone it is already off and I'm still having the issue. It happens both at work and home with two different routers and two different Internet providers. I'm hoping AT&T will push another update to fix it soon

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I've been having some WiFi issues but they weren't serious enough for me to factory reset. They are concerning though. My WiFi randomly disconnects for like 15 seconds to only reconnect instantly again. Never happened with my S6 edge. I just hope it doesn't get worse.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Intellect works