3 things I works like to see different on the pixel fold 2

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Less weight. Pen support. And I wish it would fold flat! Other than that I’m really enjoying this phone. I’ve always been a Samsung girl but I didn’t really care for the skinny screen in the fold and figured I’d give this one a try. I’m really glad I did.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Less weight. Pen support. And I wish it would fold flat! Other than that I’m really enjoying this phone. I’ve always been a Samsung girl but I didn’t really care for the skinny screen in the fold and figured I’d give this one a try. I’m really glad I did.
How much less do the Samsung's weigh? I think I mentioned both the weight and thickness of the folded phone. Fold flat or UNfold Flat?

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
How much less do the Samsung's weigh? I think I mentioned both the weight and thickness of the folded phone. Fold flat or UNfold Flat?
I believe she is referring to when the pixel fold is unfolded the hinge doesn't quite allow the phone to be unfolded flat.

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I believe she is referring to when the pixel fold is unfolded the hinge doesn't quite allow the phone to be unfolded flat.
Oh yes I meant to say unfolds flat! Oops. I have no idea what the Samsung weighs, I wasn’t referring to it as a comparison or anything

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but when people stats they would like it to unfolded flat they are referring to without using force to do it
Well, that's why I put "force" in quotes above. It really is merely pressing it till it is flat. But not bending the hinge backwards! :eek:

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I like to see better multitasking support and support for app pairs.
As I have written elsewhere, BeNice allows one to create PAIRS of apps side-by-side.

As in the attached image, you can see a NotePad app side-by-side with The NY Times Wordle game. Where I was working with potential solutions to the puzzle in the Notepad. It is not perfect and depending on the app, you may have to step through an app to show what you want. For instance, I have a personal weather station and can display stats. I opened it side-by-side with Accuweather. But I have to step through Accuwather to get to the radar map of the area. I would imagine using Tasker or similar one could help automate that aspect of the process.
BeNice.jpg

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
As I have written elsewhere, BeNice allows one to create PAIRS of apps side-by-side.

As in the attached image, you can see a NotePad app side-by-side with The NY Times Wordle game. Where I was working with potential solutions to the puzzle in the Notepad. It is not perfect and depending on the app, you may have to step through an app to show what you want. For instance, I have a personal weather station and can display stats. I opened it side-by-side with Accuweather. But I have to step through Accuwather to get to the radar map of the area. I would imagine using Tasker or similar one could help automate that aspect of the process.
View attachment 362028
I use that all the time. Works great

Reactions: FF22

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Tried this. Ok for now. Not as intuitive as the one UI in-built feature. Since Google and Samsung are working together, I hope they will share this going forward just like they did for quickshare.

Reactions: FF22

BijouVixen

Feb 10, 2024
Visit site
You and I both!! I came from owning the previous Samsung Folds from the last couple of years to the Pixel Fold with the larger, a wider front screen being the main attribute that I loved. I can actually keep it unfolded and use it as in actually type on the keyboard.

I have tiny hands as it is but still had difficulty so I can't imagine any of the fellas with larger hands and fingers typing in a Samsung Fold front screen?? I always felt I had to open it whilst the Pixel Fold I don't need to.

Also since I hold it with both hands when it's open I never needed to have that " totally flat " feel of my Fold plus I rarely lay it down on a table to use it so that slight bent up look of the two sides never bothered me.

I'm excited for the next reiteration of the Pixel Fold though I'm absolutely happy with what I've using now but I just have the bad habit of flipping to the next new latest and greatest thing !?!?

Reactions: FF22 and notforhire

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays