Samsung Message to Message by Google

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I am wanting to switch to Messages by Google from Samsung Message. When I enable Messages by Google and make it my default. My messages do not sync over from Samsung Messages. Samsung S23 Ultra. Alot of them are from work and I need them. When I switch back to Samsung they do sync though. I tried switching defaults just to see if it worked the other way.

Jan 18, 2024
Visit site
Try with Samsung message app first, it should work I have Google messages/Samsung message and everything populates back whichever I choose
I did try that as well. Neither Samsung Messages nor Google Messages will open previous texts. Although, Samsung Messages does show me about 8-12 messages. I have cleared cache in all 3 messaging apps, restarted phone with each as default, etc.... No luck at all!
I found others with exact problem, but all every suggestion offered by others that I found did not work for me.

Jan 18, 2024
Visit site
Uh Oh! This is going to confuse my Sis, she's not phone tech savvy. If she asks her son for help, he just tells her he can't help & to buy an iPhone. I guess I better plan a spring vacation to see her. Thanks for the heads up.
😊
FYI - From https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/#messagechanges

"Message+ Application Shutdown - On or about June 2024, Verizon will start to shutdown the Verizon Message+ application. Once the Message+ application is shut down, you won’t be able to use the Message+ application to send and receive messages"

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I did try that as well. Neither Samsung Messages nor Google Messages will open previous texts. Although, Samsung Messages does show me about 8-12 messages. I have cleared cache in all 3 messaging apps, restarted phone with each as default, etc.... No luck at all!
I found others with exact problem, but all every suggestion offered by others that I found did not work for me.
Do you use Samsung cloud on the device?
I would start backing everything up through Samsung Smart switch PC

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Reactions: Some1InWestSuffield
Jan 18, 2024
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion!
I enabled Samsung Cloud and backed up all my calls, sms, etc (took ~ 7 hours on WiFi!) and now Samsung Messages can see all my texts, but even after making SM the default and then switching and making Google Messages the default, GM still does not see them :(
WORKING NOW!!
After enabling Samsung Cloud and backing up all my calls, sms, etc, switched Samsung Messages as default, then switched to Google Messages as default, which did not work, then switched back to Verizon Message+, then a bit later I switched again to Samsung Messages as default, then again switched to Google Messages as default and there were all my texts!

I am not sure what exactly worked, but the above process worked for me - thank you @mustang7757 :)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
WORKING NOW!!
After enabling Samsung Cloud and backing up all my calls, sms, etc, switched Samsung Messages as default, then switched to Google Messages as default, which did not work, then switched back to Verizon Message+, then a bit later I switched again to Samsung Messages as default, then again switched to Google Messages as default and there were all my texts!

I am not sure what exactly worked, but the above process worked for me - thank you @mustang7757 :)
It just took a little time to populate everything once the back up took place , don't forget use Samsung Smart switch on your PC to further complete back up because Samsung cloud doesn't back video or pictures and use Google photos never bad idea to keep multiple back ups.
Your welcome

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter