Samsung Note 2014 edition (SMP605) wont charge whilst turned on

Max_Chappelli

Nov 10, 2019
Visit site
Some time ago I upgraded my Galaxy 10.1 note 2014 edition to Android 6, but the USB started to fail (?). I couldn’t get it to connect to Win10, but it charged and ran plugged in just fine. I replaced the USB plug and ribbon but that made no difference, and I was advised to replace the unit..
So I bought another one and upgraded it to Android 6 but something went wrong (Probably Me) and now that one wont start. It boots but wont start.
I then reverted back to the Original one, but now, the only way to charge it, is to turn it off???? And it fully charges in a couple of hours
If I use it whilst plugged in, despite it showing as “Charging” it actually discharges. Even just sitting doing nothing, plugged in, it discharges…as can be seen below

I would be very appreciative if any one could offer any solutions to get this device working efficiently again.Discharge.JPG

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi there. Perhaps the battery in the old model is too old and has been charged a lot of times.

Batteries degrade over time and usually have a set number of charging cycles (times a battery can be charged to full) before it needs to be replaced.

If you are using more battery power than the battery can charge at , then it will discharge rather than charge up. I am not sure of the science but I think it has something to do with voltage.

Due to its age any new batteries are likely to have been sitting in a warehouse for years and batteries degrade over time even when they aren't in use.

It is probably time to consider buying a new tablet.

Max_Chappelli

Nov 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Kirstein, thanks for the quick reply, the screen shots above are from the tablet sitting idle with a charger plugged in, and dont really want to buy a new one as this does exactly what i need it to do.... except charging (hahahaha).
it "Used to" charge whilst being used so even if the battery was cactus, i would still expect it to "Not Loose" charge whilst plugged in????