Samsung note 3 loose charging port?

variance403

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
The note 3 charging port is loose and it's a simple fix when Samsung put together the phones something most have been off in the manufacturing process I found that if you tighten the screws that hold the note together it makes the body more snug and resolves the issue. So here is how open the back of the note 3 get a 00 Phillips head screwdriver and tighten all the screws a half a turn and ta dah no more charging issues.

Just signed up to say that this post made my day. My phone is my life line and it wouldn't charge. I thought I was toast. Read a bunch of different forum posts with different diagnosis. But this one saved the day. Thanks!!!

OrlandoBob

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
The note 3 charging port is loose and it's a simple fix when Samsung put together the phones something most have been off in the manufacturing process I found that if you tighten the screws that hold the note together it makes the body more snug and resolves the issue. So here is how open the back of the note 3 get a 00 Phillips head screwdriver and tighten all the screws a half a turn and ta dah no more charging issues.

I will give this a try. Bought my N3 at Best Buy and got more gigs for data (6) than the Verizon store would (2), and this after being a Verizon customer since the 90's and had unlimited data until this phone. Verizon told me to go to Best Buy for the warranty, then Best Buy told me I needed to go to Verizon. I'll try tightening the screws. Older USB 2 charging cable from my earlier Droid 3 works fine. Best Buy did lend me another USB 3 cable. Both original and next one did give the "original cable" message. Both gave typical charging/not charging when moving the cable around at the port. Also, after letting it charge overnight on the USB 3 cables, the phone would be dead and used the USB 2 cable to charge it. One morning it showed full charge on the USB 3 cable, then it was dead right after.

Bmo Sandoval

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi my name is Edyn Sandoval and I have a loose charging port that I want fix. I don't want a new phone or anything I just want my phone fix and ready for me to charge and I was wondering once you read this you can text me back for more information about the loose phone port I wouldn't mind if you text me back, thank you.

thewhitequeen

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
It's really cheap for a replacement board and the repair isn't difficult. Just replaced mine for $20. I'm about to put a new external speaker in as well - they're so easy to replace :)

Broeseph

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
My Note 3 stopped charging and eventually the battery drained out. I took it to a repair shop who wanted 140 dollars to switch out the "Charging Port Flex Cable Dock Connector", and claimed that it took about 45 minutes to do so.
I bought the part for around 20 dollars here in sweden and replaced it myself in no more than 15 minutes.
I'm so happy I didn't pay the 140!

Les Pearson

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying to find a supplier so I can replace my charging board too. It's an N900W8 (Telus/Bell), and I can't find a supplier that has those exact numbers. Are charging/data boards specific to the wireless carrier, or can I use a board that begins with N900 but has different numbers or letters after the N900. (I hope someone can understand what I mean).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ijulnesia