Samsung Pay and the Recall...the forgotten detail

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am now on my way to a $5 Dunkin Donuts card. When I reinstalled Samsung Pay, the Olive Garden/Red Robin deal was not there but the $5 Dunkin Donuts after three uses offer was there. I am still waiting on Samsung to refill the $20. It has been 72 hours now. I want to use both ( $20 prepaid card and the Dunkin) offers before the phone is turned in so I don't have to call Samsung Pay again. That department is quite slow.

klee0032

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok I took my note 7 back yesterday for s7 Edge and set up Samsung pay again. I was highly upset my promo card wasn't there. That's 20 dollars I didn't use. I saw there is another promo going on where you get $10 for first time Samsung pay use. I went and bought a soda at the store and got the 10 notice. But to my surprise when my promo card was added there was 30 dollars on the card. Thanks Samsung.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Ok I took my note 7 back yesterday for s7 Edge and set up Samsung pay again. I was highly upset my promo card wasn't there. That's 20 dollars I didn't use. I saw there is another promo going on where you get $10 for first time Samsung pay use. I went and bought a soda at the store and got the 10 notice. But to my surprise when my promo card was added there was 30 dollars on the card. Thanks Samsung.
Thanks for this info. I am going to try to get the $5 Dunkin Doughnuts reward to see if my $20 shows up.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Probably a stupid question but what's the pin when using Samsung rewards?

Maybe you can just tap on the credit button on the terminal so that you do not need a pin. That is what I have done with other debit cards that do not have a pin.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I am now on my way to a $5 Dunkin Donuts card. When I reinstalled Samsung Pay, the Olive Garden/Red Robin deal was not there but the $5 Dunkin Donuts after three uses offer was there. I am still waiting on Samsung to refill the $20. It has been 72 hours now. I want to use both ( $20 prepaid card and the Dunkin) offers before the phone is turned in so I don't have to call Samsung Pay again. That department is quite slow.
I'm waiting to get the $5 card. I had 1 purchase yesterday and 3 today but I haven't seen notification of the promo, so it's already slower than the $20 card.

Also, I caked Samsung pay 6 days ago and I'm still waiting for my $20 gift card to be added back after doing FDR.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting to get the $5 card. I had 1 purchase yesterday and 3 today but I haven't seen notification of the promo, so it's already slower than the $20 card.

Also, I caked Samsung pay 6 days ago and I'm still waiting for my $20 gift card to be added back after doing FDR.

GRRRRR .... I am going to call them tomorrow or Tuesday again. Did you get a case number. I got one and had the Samsung Pay department email me the number.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
GRRRRR .... I am going to call them tomorrow or Tuesday again. Did you get a case number. I got one and had the Samsung Pay department email me the number.
Yep, I have the case number. I'll give them a few more days and then follow up. It's a holiday weekend and with the recall, I'm sure the Samsung pay line is fielding more calls than normal.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
They emailed you the $20 rewards number?

I originally received an email with the account association number when I received the $20 prepaid card. Then my app became corrupted and the the card was gone. I called and Samsung Pay is supposed to refill the card and I received a confirmation number regarding the request to refill the card.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I originally received an email with the account association number when I received the $20 prepaid card. Then my app became corrupted and the the card was gone. I called and Samsung Pay is supposed to refill the card and I received a confirmation number regarding the request to refill the card.

That is exactly what happened to me. But I returned my Note7 so idk how it is going to work now.

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Exactly. They are currently throwing money at samsung pay. Just added a dunkin donuts offer. I am going to stop using it until I get my new unit (Note 7.1). that way I can preserve my options. You never know maybe their systems will pick up the new Notes and give us $20 again when we use them.

As far as the Dunkin Donut card, I registered it on my DD account, then just combined the two cards into one. And put the original card (The one I physically have) back on the phone. So when I kissed the phone goodbye, I have the $5 on my card still. And I blew that $25 in the first 2 days. LoL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manujws00