Samsung pay on watch

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
The watch is great. I'm sorry it's not working for you. I can't use it either because no banks around here have it available but I still wear it and use it everyday.

I'm just frustrated. I want to use Samsung Pay on the watch and for whatever reason I can't get past the verification screen. My bank accepts Samsung Pay so there's no issue there. I have Samsung Pay on my phone so there's no issue there either. It's just that when I press the back button on the watch my card pops up on the watch but it says verify card which I've already done. Like I said...I can't get past the verification screen. I have called Samsung about this and even after factory resetting the watching three times the issue still persists and it just feels like Samsung doesn't want to do anything about it. It's ridiculous. You would think that since they created the watch they would know how to fix the problem.

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm just frustrated. I want to use Samsung Pay on the watch and for whatever reason I can't get past the verification screen. My bank accepts Samsung Pay so there's no issue there. I have Samsung Pay on my phone so there's no issue there either. It's just that when I press the back button on the watch my card pops up on the watch but it says verify card which I've already done. Like I said...I can't get past the verification screen. I have called Samsung about this and even after factory resetting the watching three times the issue still persists and it just feels like Samsung doesn't want to do anything about it. It's ridiculous. You would think that since they created the watch they would know how to fix the problem.

I can understand why you are frustrated. I wish I could help.

keno101

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm not missing out. I have the watch. I just can't use Samsung Pay on the watch for whatever reason.
You have a bad watch we are all using it everyday just fine. Why don't you leave my tread cause I asked for positive fun stories not ********. Take your complaining somewhere else.

QuantamPulse

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Same for me but I like using Samsung Pay as much as possible. 😊 I'm gathering reward points for some gift cards.
I would love to get in on this as well but for some reason you can't use Samsung Pay Rewards or Promotions when using the watch and Samsung Pay with a non Samsung phone

However, I did have a Dunkin Donuts girl freak out and start spinning and screaming when I paid with the watch lol

Last edited:

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
You have a bad watch we are all using it everyday just fine. Why don't you leave my tread cause I asked for positive fun stories not ********. Take your complaining somewhere else.

I have every right to post what I want. I was telling everyone about my bad experience. If you don't like what I have to say then keep your mouth shut and ignore my post.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
This watch is trash. I can't even get Samsung Pay to work on it. Everytime I call Samsung about this issue they are just sending me in circles. I have verified my card about 20 times today and when I bring up Samsung Pay on the watch I'm getting a verify card screen. I cannot get past this screen. I'm ready to give up and get my money back.

Try calling your bank and ask them to verify your card to use with Samsung Pay. I did that and it works like a dream.

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I have used my Gear S3 Frontier several times thus far and have been impressed with how much faster it works than when I used it on the Note 5 and Note 7. No shocked looking people, though I was always using it on my Note at the same places before. I will seek out new places to try it out at.

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Great news everyone!!!!! It FINALLY worked. I don't get the verify card screen anymore. Must be the app had to be updated and they came out with a new update.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I was at Bed, Bath & Beyond the other night and paid with my watch. Chick behind the counter dropped her jaw like I had done some magic. She then asks "Did you just pay with your watch?". She thought it was the coolest thing ever, just like everyone else does.

Too bad the fruit company didn't really get their payment system to take off like Samsung has. Apparently, even though there are a ton of their watches around, no one is using them to pay because they aren't accepted at most places. Oh well......

keno101

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
I have every right to post what I want. I was telling everyone about my bad experience. If you don't like what I have to say then keep your mouth shut and ignore my post.
You are responding to a question I asked, but aren't actually answering my question. Instead you are choosing to take it as can opportunity to complain. Which as the author of said question I do not appreciate.

tntsniper#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well I just attempted to use Samsung Pay the first time and it was a disaster. I went into the self checkout line at our local grocery store (Giant Eagle). The terminal accepted the payment (but my watch kept vibrating telling me to hold it near terminal the entire time). It then declined. I tried a 2nd time, same thing. I thought it might be the store. I had to pick up some liquor for a Christmas Party, so I went to the state store, same exact thing. The gentleman said the error said "Unable to Validate". I use PNC which is a fairly large bank in the East. I use Google Pay all the time on my phone, no issues.

Who should I call about this? PNC or Samsung?

tntsniper#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Interesting find on my banks website (PNC):

Q: Can I use Samsung Pay on my Samsung Gear devices?

A: Samsung Pay is not available on Samsung Gear devices at this time.

Humm??? Odd.. It accepted my card, went through verification through the app and everything has been fine as far as it showing up on the watch.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Interesting find on my banks website (PNC):

Q: Can I use Samsung Pay on my Samsung Gear devices?

A: Samsung Pay is not available on Samsung Gear devices at this time.

Humm??? Odd.. It accepted my card, went through verification through the app and everything has been fine as far as it showing up on the watch.

PNC is on the compatibility list for all consumer cards they have. I'd just call them.. They can confirm the setup and that your token is active, etc.

reflexxx

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Is MST suppose to show up as a connection type or does it have to be enabled somewhere on the watch?

I've paid for items using Samsung pay but in afterthought it may have been using nfc vs MST.

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnsd84