Samsung ripped Note 20 buyers off in 2020...

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
If you shoot a lot of video and take lots of pics 128gb can run out quick through, they should have included a free 128gb or 256gb SD card for those customers
I mean I'd figure if your gonna shoot video and pics you would buy a large storage SD Card. If you pre-ordered you can get one off Samsung Shop with the $150 credit

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I completely agree with your argument. Really I do. I have the 64gb Note 8 and 256GB micro sd and never felt lacked. Heck with the N20U you can put in a 1TB card and have more storage.

But.... Your answer would seem like a sheep answer if we were taking about an iPhone ;)

I forgot, the regular Note 20 have micro SD?
Yeah the regular Note 20 didn't have a Micro SD card slot that's a decision I don't agree with Samsung to not include it with the regular one

RTD212

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
You are spot on. I don't know why people are saying you should have known this stuff before buying it, that's not the point. I see what you are saying, you're merely pointing out the fact that Samsung asked more for essentially less.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Don't forget they gave us 50x zoom instead of the awesome 100x SPACE ZOOOOM the lower S20U got. Man if you really think about it...

larry1014

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Honestly are you really gonna use 512GB of space if you have a MicroSD? My Note10+ had 256GB and hardly used any of it. Most of my stuff was on my SD Card. So the 128GB was not a deal breaker to me.

I agree. Just checked mine and only using 50GB and I have everything I want. Of course I use a 256 GB SD card for pictures and videos.

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
I don't care about those things at all. I never once used the free headphones, I don't notice any difference in charging speeds, and I never once ever had to use S Pen tips.

I agree about the 256GB, but that's why I purchased the 512GB storage option.

I don't feel ripped off, not at all.

This is why I'm glad we still have SD card support. I got the 128gb model and bought Samsung's EVO select card in 512gb for $63 shipped with the $30 promo code from not giving us headphones. Now I have the best of both worlds and it was still cheaper than buying the 512gb model.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If you shoot a lot of video and take lots of pics 128gb can run out quick through, they should have included a free 128gb or 256gb SD card for those customers
I can vouch for this. I shot a race event last weekend on my DSLR (with a few videos on my phone), and it was 2000+ photos. I was saving jpeg+ RAW, and it was over 90 GB worth of data in just 8 hours time. My final cut was less than 100 usable jpegs, but I still had to first copy everything to a computer to cull enough to fit on my phone to work on them and get ready for an album. 256 GB combined storage on my phone and it still wasn't enough due to all the apps and such already on it.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I can vouch for this. I shot a race event last weekend on my DSLR (with a few videos on my phone), and it was 2000+ photos. I was saving jpeg+ RAW, and it was over 90 GB worth of data in just 8 hours time. My final cut was less than 100 usable jpegs, but I still had to first copy everything to a computer to cull enough to fit on my phone to work on them and get ready for an album. 256 GB combined storage on my phone and it still wasn't enough due to all the apps and such already on it.

But would a 128 GB N20U with 1TB drive take care of your storage needs?? I always question when people say the card is slower and wonder if people even notice. I only take pics mostly but goes straight to SD and never thought or felt performance issue.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Still doesn't justify the fact that Samsung robbed us this year. Even if you don't use or dont notice the extra features, they should be there! That's the whole point of the note series. Everything but the kitchen sink. As a long time Samsung loyalist, I'm extremely disappointed. The Note 20 ultra is way too big and ugly ( horrendous camera bump) for me. The flat, less storage, lower display N20 gives me zero reason to upgrade from my N10. Thumbs down samsung. The only thing I'm getting this year is the buds live, finally something that fits my ears. Lol
I got the Ultra not the regular, the regular Note samsung robbed people for that price. I don't have to justify anything , I bought the Note 20 ultra because thats what I wanted , this not something new each region lacks something. It came this year 128gb base storage instead of 256gb , I could of went with 512gb but was too much storage for me . Like I mentioned I don't have no regrets getting this phone , best Note to date for me period. You'll see this type of threads every new released phone, can't make everyone happy just buy what you like.

qtrxist

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I am loving my Note 20, not ultra. Traded in my S20. No 120Hz, no expandable memory. Bigger battery, Spen.

The only thing I didn't like is no screen protector. I am sending my S20 back for trade in and IT still has the OEM screen protector, that is how good it is.

Surprisingly the screen quality on the N20 is really really good. Trade in value for the S20 is so good, it is the same with S20 ultra!

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Wikipedia said: Robbery is the crime of taking or attempting to take anything of value by force, threat of force, or by putting the victim in fear.

Who Samsung did that to? I saw a few attorneys here. Help is hear if you need it.

simplepink

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Guess some of us have a lot of time to gripe. The info is helpful but no need to hate so much on Samsung. At will purchases and at will returns. Learn your lesson and save that energy.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
The point I'm making is you're getting less for more money. iPhone sheep say ok to that. We're sheep this year. Very very rarely does technology regress when time passes. The Note regressed in some areas wether you use a feature or not.
Alot of us can see this but will buy it anyway because we want to upgrade when we want to upgrade. I don't think it makes us sheep. Making excuses might but buying the new phone and pointing out some of the disappointments or things that may bug you a bit but not dealbreakers is not being a sheep. No phone will ever be without a few gripes. IMHO.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Still doesn't justify the fact that Samsung robbed us this year. Even if you don't use or dont notice the extra features, they should be there! That's the whole point of the note series. Everything but the kitchen sink. As a long time Samsung loyalist, I'm extremely disappointed. The Note 20 ultra is way too big and ugly ( horrendous camera bump) for me. The flat, less storage, lower display N20 gives me zero reason to upgrade from my N10. Thumbs down samsung. The only thing I'm getting this year is the buds live, finally something that fits my ears. Lol
If you willingly bought the phone and keep it instead of returning it, you weren't robbed by Samsung. You have options. Ppl who get robbed, don't.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edneil1967