Samsung S23 Wi-Fi disconnect/reconnect

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I have an S 23 which constantly connects (4-5 seconds) and then drops for another 4-5 seconds . Almost like auth deauth? It happens at different locations and different APs, so I don't think it's a DOS or hack of any type? Anyone seen this before?

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Actually regarding the AP's, they were both 6GHz w/phones connected on 6GHz.

BTW ...Seeing people reporting this issue over on XDA as well.

Last edited:

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have an S 23 which constantly connects (4-5 seconds) and then drops for another 4-5 seconds . Almost like auth deauth? It happens at different locations and different APs, so I don't think it's a DOS or hack of any type? Anyone seen this before?
Haven't had any issues with our S23U or S23+.

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Here's the thing, besides that fact that the unit would cycle from "ON/High Speed" to "No Connection" every 3-4 seconds which isn't typical behavior for a congested network.

the device ran fine in 5GHz and even 2.4 (typically MUCH more congested bands than 6GHz which has very few capable clients).

I'm seeing also reports of other users both here and XDA as well who are seeing the same failure on the S23U, so I'm not convinced it's congestion.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Go to wifi settings >advanced settings>WiFi on /off history tap and see what's there?

Fastest way to get to that settings is long press the WiFi icon on your pull down notification panel then type detail and tap 3 dots upper right corner

Also check wife settings >intelligent WiFi

What is toggle on there?
11b3bcb4a517dc18238d9d4524c75962.jpg

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Go to wifi settings >advanced settings>WiFi on /off history tap and see what's there?

Fastest way to get to that settings is long press the WiFi icon on your pull down notification panel then type detail and tap 3 dots upper right corner

What is toggle on there?
Hey yeah, under my Intelligent W-Fi . . . there's a toggle category that says:
"Turn Wi-Fi on/off automatically" - "Turn on Location to use this feature"

. . . mine's set to 'Off' since I don't keep Location on. But if the OP's Location is on, and the OP has "Turn Wi-Fi on/off automatically" toggled 'On'. . . I wonder if that could be toggling their Wi-Fi on & off?

And yes, it's smart, critical even, to check your wife's settings all the time. ;)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey yeah, under my Intelligent W-Fi . . . there's a toggle category that says:
"Turn Wi-Fi on/off automatically" - "Turn on Location to use this feature"

. . . mine's set to 'Off' since I don't keep Location on. But if the OP's Location is on, I wonder if that could be toggling their Wi-Fi on & off?

And yes, it's smart, critical even, to check your wife's settings all the time. ;)
You better hope she's not a member here because they check up on us more than they we do to them

It's possible for OP

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I don't

What is toggle on there?
We have two devices. One I don't currently have access to. The other appears to be set up precisely as in your screenshot.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't

We have two devices. One I don't currently have access to. The other appears to be set up precisely as in your screenshot.
Nothing under WiFi control there ?

What about go to settings>apps>3 dots upper right corner tap>special access tap>WiFi control tap , what's toggle on for that list 3rd party?

Reactions: Laura Knotek