Samsung S3 Slow Address Book

E92Vancouver

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I have an S3 on Rogers in Canada. I have a 6,500 person address book for work. Each address record has notes. When I search someone's name (i.e. John Smith). it takes the phone 1.5 to 2 minutes to find it. It then brings up all records that mention John Smith. The problem is that the phone is searching not only each record, but the notes section of each record for the name I am calling up.

This is driving me crazy. 2 minutes seems like an eternity when you are looking to call someone. I am using the Gmail address book.

For the record, I also have a Blackberry Torch 9810 and an iPhone 4S with the same address book and name searches are lightening fast on the iphone and Blackberry.

Why does Android such so much in this department? Makes me want to get an iphone 5S. This flaw makes Android totally useless for business.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Not sure whats going on with that exactly, but you could try a different dialer from the App store...the good thing about Android is that when something is not working for you, it can always be replaced with a better one that will fix the problem

Try Mr. Number...its a dialer which also lets you block texts and numbers and has Caller ID
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....blocker&feature=search_result&token=hqJ59EbL.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
you do have an unusauly high amount of data in your contact list mate but as my man Smooth says, theres plenty alternatives.
i use Go Contacts which is really pretty etc and fast enough for me but i dont have as much of a detailed contact list as you and Go might acualy be a bit slower than stock.
you should have a good search for the ugliest, most light and functional dialer/contacts app mate and maybe try and strip down your contacts, merge duplicates etc (a really long mind numbing process lol)
good luck man :)

ps instead of using gmail to search the contact, try just the normal dialer and select email from there..

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Jf73

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Excellent suggestion. Tried it and it literally changed the way I look at my phone now. It is fast and looks very good. Thanks !

RedorBluePill

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks so much for this recommendation. I installed this to replace my **super slow** S3 phonebook. So far works like a charm.

I mean the Gesture Search.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pemujica14