Samsung S5 speakerphone echo fixed ** Turn off TalkBack app

bigdog5

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Turn off the Google app TalkBack, the icon is a big HAND orange and white colors. This app is causing an echo when you use your Galaxy S5. Problem was, you can't hear the echo yourself, but the person you talk to will complain about an echo. I would get the echo when I went to speakerphone, but other owners may have this issue on regular speaker too, I don't know, but just turn off the TalkBack app, it's interfering.

Message to Verizon and Google, YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE TIRED OF BUYING PHONES WITH LOADED DOWN GARBAGE APPS. What is this? A PC? Time is money in this world and your customers should not have to waste their time working the bugs out of a $500 dollar phone.

MobilrolaX

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Bigdog5 (or anyone)- Can you explain exactly how to do this?

My friend suddenly has the same S5 echo problem (caller hears echo when speakerphone is used). We went in the menus to "Settings" - "Accessability" and see that Talkback is off, but the problem remains.

bigdog5

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Bigdog5 (or anyone)- Can you explain exactly how to do this?

My friend suddenly has the same S5 echo problem (caller hears echo when speakerphone is used). We went in the menus to "Settings" - "Accessability" and see that Talkback is off, but the problem remains.

I pull down the black notification area at the top. Then click the gear for Settings then Applications then Application Manager. Slide over to "ALL" and find Talkback. Click on that in the list and that gives you options for the App. Uninstall I think is the option. Some only give you Turn Off as the option.
I also removed many other apps first, but Talkback was the last one before it finally worked. I found out on another friend's phone, it wouldn't work until I did a full restart. Turn off, turn on. Then it worked for him.

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Turn off the Google app TalkBack, the icon is a big HAND orange and white colors. This app is causing an echo when you use your Galaxy S5. Problem was, you can't hear the echo yourself, but the person you talk to will complain about an echo. I would get the echo when I went to speakerphone, but other owners may have this issue on regular speaker too, I don't know, but just turn off the TalkBack app, it's interfering.

Message to Verizon and Google, YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE TIRED OF BUYING PHONES WITH LOADED DOWN GARBAGE APPS. What is this? A PC? Time is money in this world and your customers should not have to waste their time working the bugs out of a $500 dollar phone.
Thanks for this information. I've found an annoying slight echo on speaker. Now I can fix it.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

Mary Fry

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
BigDog5 Thank you for the fix! It worked! I have a new (2 weeks) phone and this echo just started yesterday....Do you know if this "talkback" is something that I need? Or what the heck it is for. I hope it just stays working with this app off.

trixied

May 5, 2015
Visit site
THANK YOU for saying that to Verizon!! I spent 2 hours at Verizon store over this echoing issue with my brand new S6. They tried to sell me a bluetooth box to put on my visor in my car...., then they had me talk with someone in India on the phone with a bad connection, who couldn't solve my problem (of course)...., and I finally left with them telling me to "contact the manufacturer"!! I said, "that's why I came to you! I bought this phone cash from you 2 days ago!!" Anyway, I just deleted that TalkBack program, and will make a call in a bit to see if it works. (I can't call anyone now because I've called everyone and their mother over the last two hours, and I don't want to bother anyone!) Thumbs down to Verizon, grrr!

andoc

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
HELP!!!!!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. Disabled the Talkback icon. Hasn't fixed the speakerphone echo problem for the person receiving on the other end of the call.

Also, in the last 48 hours, even my regular calling when I hold the phone to my ear to call someone has started producing an echo for the person receiving when they speak.

What the $@#% is going on????

Samsung sort this out please

Any help greatly appreciated. Cheers

andoc

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE:

Noticed if I take it out of it's INCIPIO protective case - the new echo on the normal talking disappears for the person receiving ... however ....

Even with the TALKBACK App disabled the speakerphone echo still persists???

And of course... the new echo problem with the case on still persists???

HELP!

Eric Starr

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
I cannot find anything labeled "Talkback" under App Manager. Tons of other stuff I'll never use though... I have a Samdung S5 Galaxy phone, and the speakerphone is practically unusable. Every time I use it, the person on the other side complains about "echo" and poor sound. I did remove the "Otter" case that came with the phone, it improved the sound but not by much. Am really thinking of changing phones now, as I really need the speakerphone for my work. I refuse to consider anything Apple, so I don't know what else to do. This was my first "smart" phone, but as a phone, it is the worst cell I have ever had. Any ideas? I hate this thing!

csf56

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
I have struggle with this problem on my "wired headset " only. The other side hears their voice ECHO, sounds good on my end. The handset or speaker do NOT have this echo issue.

The only viable solution I have found is to turn the speaker volume down. The other side echo goes away, unfortunately I now have a hard time hearing in the lower volume setting.

Not a perfect solution.

N6a6ta6s

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
Solved echo problem. The battery on my galaxy s5 was slightly swollen, pushing the cover out. If you look at the back cover there is a gasket or seal whichever. The battery pushing out keeps it from sealing. So just get a new battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel