Samsung S7 Edge... Typing issues

Harriman_Park

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
First time posting here. I normally just read the comments but I couldn't stay on the sidelines for this one. I was having the exact same issue with the keyboard and thought I was going crazy until I figured out what a happening. It's not the edges of the screen. The entire touchscreen is too sensitive. If you hold your fingertip about a millimeter or so off the screen, the phone registeres a touch input. That's why the keyboard acts crazy. I noticed it when the phone kept opening links in Web pages without me telling it to.

You can test this by activating the developer options and turning on "show touches". Hover your finger over the display to see how inaccurate the touchscreen is.

rkkeller

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I don't know if you guys have big fingers or I have small ones, but no problem at all typing and been very accurate.

I did have a couple fat palm touching the edge when I first got it, but since I figured out how to hold it, no problems.

I can even say I can type more accurate and faster than when using my iPhone 6+.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I don't know if you guys have big fingers or I have small ones, but no problem at all typing and been very accurate.

I did have a couple fat palm touching the edge when I first got it, but since I figured out how to hold it, no problems.

I can even say I can type more accurate and faster than when using my iPhone 6+.

I adjusted to the screen on the S6E but the manner I was holding the phone in order to stop registering palm touches was so insecure I just resorted to using a case 24/7. I couldn't actually hold the phone but have to cradle it, if that makes sense. Made me nervous and really brought down the enjoyment level of the phone for me.

eewwyeah

May 13, 2013
Visit site
First time posting here. I normally just read the comments but I couldn't stay on the sidelines for this one. I was having the exact same issue with the keyboard and thought I was going crazy until I figured out what a happening. It's not the edges of the screen. The entire touchscreen is too sensitive. If you hold your fingertip about a millimeter or so off the screen, the phone registeres a touch input. That's why the keyboard acts crazy. I noticed it when the phone kept opening links in Web pages without me telling it to.

You can test this by activating the developer options and turning on "show touches". Hover your finger over the display to see how inaccurate the touchscreen is.

I noticed that yesterday as well

wisewhisk

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
In terms of the keyboard, you can resize the Samsung Keyboard to be less wide, bringing the keyboard away from the edges. I just found that out yesterday. That might help prevent touching the keyboard with your palm and in my case help you reach the entire keyboard one-handed. I tried the one-handed keyboard option but the keyboard was too small. Resizing the normal keyboard to be slightly away from the edges worked great for me.

Settings - Language and input - Samsung Keyboard - Keyboard size

Ilya Ivanov

May 11, 2013
Visit site
In terms of the keyboard, you can resize the Samsung Keyboard to be less wide, bringing the keyboard away from the edges. I just found that out yesterday. That might help prevent touching the keyboard with your palm and in my case help you reach the entire keyboard one-handed. I tried the one-handed keyboard option but the keyboard was too small. Resizing the normal keyboard to be slightly away from the edges worked great for me.

Settings - Language and input - Samsung Keyboard - Keyboard size
That helped a bit. I moved left side of tget keyboard to the right a bit.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm a new Samsung Edge user. Is it me??? I can't seem to type on this edge screen.. My hand is always hitting another letter that I do not want. Anyone else having this issue? I even downloaded swiftkey..... Does not help. Not liking this all

No issue here other than autocorrect have minds of its own at time.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site

Absolutely true. It's a super sensitive screen that registers inputs before you are fully on the screen. That said, my Spigen case makes all the difference in the world for typing (and holding too).

pwinters

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Exact same experience here. I've been making selections on certain menus that I didn't mean to. Have not had that happen on any other Galaxy I've owned.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Have to agree, case is a must without that it's unusable for me as well because it's so easy to touch the sides. You could get used to holding it without touching the sides but it's damn difficult and then for sure you are going to drop the phone.
Also prefer Google keyboard over stock Samsung one.

kyut

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Adjusting the keyboard size helped a bit. You must reduce keyboard size from left and right so that you don't accidentally press characters when you hold the phone. Yes casing helped a bit. But did you guys experience 2 characters being deleted even when you are only pressing backspace once?

T Bigelow

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
I'm not sure if it was said or not already but I think I fixed it on my S6 edge. Go to settings, language and input, then virtual keyboard, Samsung keyboard then keyboard swipe. Turn that to none, which turns it off and makes it considerably less annoying without a case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000