Samsung S7 stuck on "Downloading... do not turn off target"

Status
Not open for further replies.

gezza123

Jun 23, 2021
Visit site
S7 froze the other day then turned off and I can't get it to turn back on, tried all the reboot sequences and nothing,
It doesn't charge,
It randomly shows a download screen saying "Downloading... do not turn off target" (there's no text in the corner though) and will stay like that until I press the volume down, power + home buttons, phone turns off but doesn't reboot.
The downloading screen reappears after 30 minutes.
Tried connecting to the pc and it doesn't connect the phone but an error message appears saying "power surge on the USB port"
Tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, nothing. Is there anything else that can be done? could replacing the battery help?

thank you for trying

Last edited by a moderator:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome to AC!
Should take it to repair center to get a quote but might not be worth it as its a older device, possible battery,charger port,motherboard .

You did try different cables and chargers ?

gezza123

Jun 23, 2021
Visit site
Yes I've used usb cord and nothing.
I'm not able to switch on/get into my phone, the only sign of life it shows is when the frozen downloading screen randomly appears, and it will stay on that screen until I press volume down + home + power buttons at the same time, it switches off and doesn't restart the phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes I've used usb cord and nothing.
I'm not able to switch on/get into my phone, the only sign of life it shows is when the frozen downloading screen randomly appears, and it will stay on that screen until I press volume down + home + power buttons at the same time, it switches off and doesn't restart the phone.
In that download mode try using cable connect to computer see if it recognize it

gezza123

Jun 23, 2021
Visit site
Yes I tried that yesterday when it went into download mode, and it didn't recognise or connect the phone but an error message appears on the pc saying "Power surge on the USB port, Unknown USB device needs more power than the port can supply"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali