Samsung Trade in Program, how quickly does the process work thread.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Received my confirmatory email no 8/28, even though they recieved it on 8/27. Order still shows "PENDINGRECEIPT". Email said 3-7 buisness days. Just got off chat with Samsung and they assured me they had the trade-in (my near mint Note9), but they are a little backed up. I told them this is worrisome as my trade in for the Tab S6 back in April only took 2 days. But I'll wait the full 7 business days which would be 9/9 at the latest.

SeanD_Colorado

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
I just got the email confirming receipt but says it will take 2/4 days to test and they will advise if it qualifies for trade in...ugh...

Hmmm on my order page mine is still listed as "Pending Receipt" and says "Be sure your return is shipped by September 04, 2020.

But at least the FedEx tracking info below it has moved from "Expected Delivery September 1, 2020" to Delivered. I had to get confirmation that it was delivered from FedEx prior to that.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Way longer. As long as you initiated the trade before the deadline you're good. Not your fault the AT&T folks decided to unwrap it and play games on it before they hand it off to Samsung. Lol

I'd probably make a call to check on it though. Thats crazy.
I called att. They said that they couldn't check on my status because I got transfered to billing and their system can't look it up. He noted when I sent in the phone and it says its still in transit. He said don't worry because at knows I sent the phone in. I'm going to call back and try to speak with someone else or try the chat. I'm nervous and I don't want to be charged that 551.lol

The only believable thing he said was that it might be a delay becauseof the pandemic.

SeanD_Colorado

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
OK. I finally did get the "We received your trade-in" email about 9AM MST. So there is finally some progress after 3 days :). Now another 3-7 until the except it. I am not expecting any issues. It was near mint and I put it back in its box and wrapped the box in bubble wrap and then the bubble wrap in bubble wrap before putting into a box for shipping. Barring FedEx running over it with one of their trucks, it should be fine :)

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Received my confirmatory email no 8/28, even though they recieved it on 8/27. Order still shows "PENDINGRECEIPT". Email said 3-7 buisness days. Just got off chat with Samsung and they assured me they had the trade-in (my near mint Note9), but they are a little backed up. I told them this is worrisome as my trade in for the Tab S6 back in April only took 2 days. But I'll wait the full 7 business days which would be 9/9 at the latest.
Well... I'm going to say a big "Thank You" to you for typing this because my near mint Note 9 is doing the same thing. Got my "we've received" email on the 29th, with "5 to 7 Business Days" in it... today is 5 business days and nothing - I was getting nervous! So many folks heard back in 3 days... but most were Note 10's I think? Maybe there are different departments/Tech Groups checking different phones???
eFingersCrossed.jpg

fee dee cat

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Well... I'm going to say a big "Thank You" to you for typing this because my near mint Note 9 is doing the same thing. Got my "we've received" email on the 29th, with "5 to 7 Business Days" in it... today is 5 business days and nothing - I was getting nervous! So many folks heard back in 3 days... but most were Note 10's I think? Maybe there are different departments/Tech Groups checking different phones???
View attachment 325868

I think the confirmation email of receipt is even telling people different amount of days to expect to hear back the results after testing. Some say 3days, 4 days, 7 days etc. So it just a throw of the dice for each of us at this point. But like you...I am anxious to know. But im glad its in their possession now.

SeanD_Colorado

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
I think the confirmation email of receipt is even telling people different amount of days to expect to hear back the results after testing. Some say 3days, 4 days, 7 days etc. So it just a throw of the dice for each of us at this point. But like you...I am anxious to know. But im glad its in their possession now.

I wonder if the number of days and how quickly they expedite the process is dependent on the demand for refurbished units. That is assuming that is what becomes of the ones that receive max trade in value? I am not even sure.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if the number of days and how quickly they expedite the process is dependent on the demand for refurbished units. That is assuming that is what becomes of the ones that receive max trade in value? I am not even sure.

The process is not that complicated. It's more a matter of volume and resource allocation.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Got my watch trade in completed today, so I think the phone will be about one more week. LOL

No hurry on my part, I already have the credit so all is good.

c921

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
My frontier passed. Now just waiting for the iphone I traded in.

Attachments

• 20200904_145716.jpg
    20200904_145716.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 21

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I think I got mine approved quick because I sent mine in the next day after I got the Note 20. At the time it seemed like Laura was going to come my way and I didn't want to be stuck with it and not being able to ship it out for days.

runfar262

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
Got confirmation that my trade in was received on 8/28. A few days later, got the email saying my trade in was received and that I should received the results and a confirmation within three to seven business days. Now I am just worried that after so much time, the battery will run out and the phone won't turn on...because 2020 LOL.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Got confirmation that my trade in was received on 8/28. A few days later, got the email saying my trade in was received and that I should received the results and a confirmation within three to seven business days. Now I am just worried that after so much time, the battery will run out and the phone won't turn on...because 2020 LOL.

Do you seriously think that they would reject your phone because the battery died? I am sure they have chargers to plug it in to. LOL

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I found it amusing a few pages back with everyone wondering how to send their trade-in phones, and using the original box and putting it in another box... lol that is indeed probably the smart thing to do, but for me, I just put my phone in a sandwich bag and wrapped it in the bar code sheet, and then got a little box I had laying around, and just put in in there and filled it with crumpled newspaper tight enough so it wouldn't jiggle. That's how I've always sent them in - I never really thought about putting it back in the original box and putting that box in a box. lol

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Laugh_5a.jpg

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you seriously think that they would reject your phone because the battery died? I am sure they have chargers to plug it in to. LOL
I think it was meant more to be a "2020" joke and I totally agree!!! What a YEAR it's been (and damned, it's still not over yet!) Ugh...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86