Samsung Video Player app using up my battery

Boldee

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
First of all apologies if this problem has bean dealt with in another thread, Ive been searching via google and found nothing.

For some reason my updates for my s4 mini were turned off so I did a big update the other day to kitkat 4.4.2 and ever since my battery has been draining in about a day and a half, I am not a heavy users of apps or the internet on my phone and I have mobile and wifi data off unless I need them, I also turn off background data as I like to know what apps are up to. I run Battery doctor and Clean Master and until the update my battery could last four to five days before it hit 20% by boosting the phone and optimizing.

Checking out Battery Doctor has shown that the Samsung Video Player app has been using up to 30% of my battery life even though I am not using it and several other apps are turning them selves on but they are using minor amounts of battery life. I am stuck at this point at what to do next as I cannot do anything with this app other than let Battery Doctor turn it off but it just turns its self back on again, it cannot be disabled from the apps list like other apps, I can only think that it has corrupted and gone rogue but I loath to do a factory reset unless I really have to.

Any help most appreciated :)

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
First of all apologies if this problem has bean dealt with in another thread, Ive been searching via google and found nothing.

For some reason my updates for my s4 mini were turned off so I did a big update the other day to kitkat 4.4.2 and ever since my battery has been draining in about a day and a half, I am not a heavy users of apps or the internet on my phone and I have mobile and wifi data off unless I need them, I also turn off background data as I like to know what apps are up to. I run Battery doctor and Clean Master and until the update my battery could last four to five days before it hit 20% by boosting the phone and optimizing.

Checking out Battery Doctor has shown that the Samsung Video Player app has been using up to 30% of my battery life even though I am not using it and several other apps are turning them selves on but they are using minor amounts of battery life. I am stuck at this point at what to do next as I cannot do anything with this app other than let Battery Doctor turn it off but it just turns its self back on again, it cannot be disabled from the apps list like other apps, I can only think that it has corrupted and gone rogue but I loath to do a factory reset unless I really have to.

Any help most appreciated :)

Hey! Have you checked out this article?

Top tips for saving battery life on the Samsung Galaxy S4 | Android Central

Maybe messing with some settings would get you back to where you want to be!

Boldee

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

I have been through all of that and more to be honest but I can clearly see the video app is using a lot of battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali