Saving music to internal storage

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I'm trying to add music to my gear fit 2 but my play music library doesn't appear when I open the gear app, I've read it needs music to be saved to Internal memory but have tried with no luck to get music onto it, I've downloaded a playlist from play music but that hasn't helped, anyone able to help?

toddsay

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
It seems rather tricky. I've managed to do this but not without difficulty. In my case I'm trying to download podcasts (via Pocket Casts), and to do that I need to do a few things:

• Set a custom download folder in my podcast app (/storage/emulated/0/Music on my phone, yours might differ)
  • Set the "Allow apps to see episodes" checkbox in my podcast app (probably opens up the file permissions?)
  • Fiddle around sometimes with unchecking/checking that option again, and perhaps killing the podcast app and the Samsung apps too
  • Deal with the garbage podcast/artist names that seem to get left there (likely an issue with my podcast app too)

After that the tunes show up in the Samsung app and I can download them. Or I can even enable automatic download (which happens while charging), but that can be a problem sometimes because transfer is so slow. I've also had issues where charging stops and I guess the download keeps going and drains my entire fit2 battery (?).

So yeah, not a great scenario but it is possible, and may depend on what apps you are using.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smuglur