Scratches on screen

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys, for all your help and support through these tough times.

Update: I haven't heard back from Corning yet, even though I sent my email over a week ago. Maybe if more people write to Corning, they will respond. (Again, here is their website where you can contact them.)

In the meantime, I have done a little more research. I have found a site that sells Gorilla Glass Compound. I don't know how effective it is. I also don't know if they ship to New Zealand, but you can ask the seller at their website:

TDI-LLC Technology Gorilla Glass Compound

LeSaint

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have mine for a month now. No screen protector since it is gorilla glass. Always in my jeans pocket. Not a scratch on it.
Before that I had a LG Optimus 2X for almost 18 months, no screen protector, not gorilla glass, no scratchs.
Long story short, I think I don't even know how to scratch a phone screen :p

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I only have a few small ones, I placed a protector over them so I can only see 1 deep one. Gorilla glass isn't perfect and sand is one of earths most scratchiest and strongest stuff believe it or not.

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I heard that DVD/CD scratch repair kits might fix the screen but it might not work.

I asked Corning for advice 3 weeks ago (as of this post), and they still haven't replied to my email. This is despite the fact that their website says that they will respond to all inquiries within 24 hours.

Have you tried anything lately to fix the scratches on your Nexus 4? Did you try the DVD/CD scratch repair kit? Honestly, that doesn't seem like a good idea. You'll probably make the problem worse. You might have better luck using chemical finishes used to fix scratches on automobile exteriors, but there's no guarantee that that will work either.

pjc123

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I know it is really just for shipping, but I left the original plastic film on my phone. I also use a full hard shell case that completely covers the screen because I keep it in my pocket. 6 months later and not a scratch anywhere. When the original film starts to eventually peel off, I have a real screen protector film sheet on standby.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe1335