Screen Brightness

Lolanerd

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
So far I love this phone but the only problem I really have with it is the brightness/auto brightness. For one thing, the screen is pretty hard to read outside in sunlight. And, [in my opinion] the auto brightness blows. What I wanted to know is if brightness and auto brightness are purely hardware related problems or if they can be changed with new software ;o. Also, is there any other way to help readability other than simply raising the brightness level?
Thanks for the help.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
There is another app but the name escapes me at the moment. I was told it handles the auto brightness better than the stock. As far as difficulty with reading outside, the brightness setting, it is about the only thing you can do. However sometimes going inverted with the colors can make a big difference.

Reactions: Lolanerd

Lolanerd

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
There is another app but the name escapes me at the moment. I was told it handles the auto brightness better than the stock. As far as difficulty with reading outside, the brightness setting, it is about the only thing you can do. However sometimes going inverted with the colors can make a big difference.

How would I go about inverting the colors? And also, before the phone came out I read somewhere that you can control the saturation, maybe that would make a difference, but I can't find that option =/ . Thanks though :D

anon(77329)

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Try the app "Lux" in the Play Store. It works for me as I wanted the screen to go dimmer and adjust quicker automatically. I don't think it allows it to go any brighter though. I'd imagine that's a hardware limitation.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
How would I go about inverting the colors? And also, before the phone came out I read somewhere that you can control the saturation, maybe that would make a difference, but I can't find that option =/ . Thanks though :D

only the international version can have the saturation adjusted. You can find many inverted apps in the themes forum at xda.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene