Screen, Display, Backlight won't turn on after phone drop Note 2

Es Es

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Dropped my phone and now the screen won't turn on. Everything works, I can answer phone calls by swiping and end the call by pressing the end button but the screen won't turn on.
Will a new screen fix this or is this an internal issue?
If it is internal, is it an easy fix or will I need to order parts?

Please no generic responses ie. "send it in for repair" or "do you have insurance." If you don't know of this issue please don't respond.
Thank you!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The hard thing to say about this issue is what else may have been damaged in the fall? Obviously the screen, but what other hardware/ribbons/connectors etc? It is hard to depend on a visual inspection because there are many times where chipsets look fine but aren't running properly.

Even if it is just the screen, replacing that alone can be tricky. Other parts can be damaged when trying to remove the screen.

Es Es

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
The hard thing to say about this issue is what else may have been damaged in the fall? Obviously the screen, but what other hardware/ribbons/connectors etc? It is hard to depend on a visual inspection because there are many times where chipsets look fine but aren't running properly.

Even if it is just the screen, replacing that alone can be tricky. Other parts can be damaged when trying to remove the screen.

I have done a screen replacement before and plan on doing another one next week (I just ordered another screen replacement). I am just wondering if a cracked screen can be the cause of the screen not turning on. It was cracked much more severely before I replaced it previously and the screen was working fine. What illuminates the screen?? I don't think the digitizer does...

I did do the recent update before I dropped the phone. I heard of people having a similar problem after updating then dropping their phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777