Screen flickering issue

Emma Kendall

Apr 26, 2021
Visit site
I recently bought a used galaxy s7 and after a couple of days of using it the screen sorta started flickering slightly and progressively worsened to the point of only having 1/4 of the top of my screen work and the rest was totally black. If I was lucky enough to guess correctly through memory of where buttons were to enter my password I was able to get into my phone and then use Google Assistant to make phone calls so I knew the screen still worked even though it was black. One day I left it outside in the Sun for about an hour I picked up my phone to unlock it and the entire screen was working. It continued working for a day until it did the flickering thing again which would eventually turn most of my screen black. I figured that the screen could have possibly been replaced by the previous owner but it was done incorrectly and so I thought that the Heat from being in the sun was what could have temporarily text the black screen , so I can heat up my screen with the torch very carefully and my screen will continue to work for a very short amount of time before flickering and going black again. I am wondering if there is a connection issue I can fix or what other suggestions anyone might have?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Hard to say exactly what could be causing it, since there are probably several possibilities. Unless you're experienced with phone repair, I'd recommend taking the phone to a repair shop instead. And if you have any important data on the phone, make sure you back it up or sync it somewhere NOW in case the screen completely fails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174