Screen Protector

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody have any recommendations for screen protectors for the 4A? I have seen several on Amazon with a cutout for the camera and some that do not have a cut out. With the latter, does this not affect the image quality for the front facing camera? And with the former, does the cut out just make it dustier and harder to clean?

I'm not sure which type to go for. Any feedback and recommendations would be appreciated.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I do not have a Pixel 4a device, but I do have a Samsung Galaxy S10 with a front-facing hole punch notch. All of my screen protectors have had cutouts for the notch. The lens may be affected if the screen protector becomes dusty, scratched, etc. Or the mere covering of the lens may cause issues with photography.

I'm actually not as concerned about having it "exposed" as I thought I'd be. It feels natural to leave it the way it is. I find that the cut-out screen protectors have worked well for me for the 14 months or so that I've had my S10.

Let us know what you decide! :)

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I bought tempered ones for my 4a and wife's 4a 5g from Amazon called Omoton. They are great. Not expensive and came with 3 or 4 protectors. No cutout, but doesn't seem to make any difference.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I bought tempered ones for my 4a and wife's 4a 5g from Amazon called Omotion. They are great. Not expensive and came with 3 or 4 protectors. No cutout, but doesn't seem to make any difference.

That's awesome! I love when screen protector purchases come with two or more protectors! That's great that there doesn't seem to be any difference. I feel like I read on one of the sub-forums here that someone had a screen protector that affected their front-facing camera because there was no cut-out - but each individual phone and protector are different! :)

SmoovC

Oct 11, 2018
Visit site
Been pretty happy with the AmFilm brand of TGSP's on multiple devices; including the 4a 5G. 3 protectors for right around $10, IIRC. It does have the hole for the front-facing camera.

qphone

Dec 11, 2020
Visit site
Does anybody have any recommendations for screen protectors for the 4A? I have seen several on Amazon with a cutout for the camera and some that do not have a cut out. With the latter, does this not affect the image quality for the front facing camera? And with the former, does the cut out just make it dustier and harder to clean?

I'm not sure which type to go for. Any feedback and recommendations would be appreciated.

Got these for our 4a 5Gs at our local mall "mom and pop" shop vendor that pretty much sells anything and everything phone accessories.

When he showed it to me on his phone (Galaxy S20) I asked is it on as screen protectors are normally very obvious and with camera cutouts but this one had none.

It's basically a solid piece of tempered glass with no cutouts and the edges are colored solid black so that when it's placed on top it blends as if it's the OEM screen.

No issues with it being on top of the camera with no cut out.

Below are pics of how the outside edges are black (blends with the phone as if it's the actual screen), a close up of how thick (0.5 or 1mm i'm guessing) the screen protector is and how it looks pretty much not even there when placed inside the case protector.

Attachments

• screen 0.jpg
    screen 0.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 56
  • screen 1.jpg
    screen 1.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 31
  • screen 2.jpg
    screen 2.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 31
  • screen 3.jpg
    screen 3.jpg
    417.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Inundated

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Omaton here, and despite user error putting it on (one or two tiny bubbles, totally my fault and mostly non visible now), I am very happy.

I went through all four. The application is super easy, but my hands...they have never been good at stuff like this.

I mentioned it to Omaton and they sent me four more free of charge. But I can't really see the bubbles anymore, so I haven't tried to put a new one on yet.

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I bought tempered ones for my 4a and wife's 4a 5g from Amazon called Omoton. They are great. Not expensive and came with 3 or 4 protectors. No cutout, but doesn't seem to make any difference.

Omoton protectors have been great, used them in my 3a and now my 4a5g. I was concerned about not having the cutout for the camera, however the quality of the camera does not seem affected. I rarely use my front camera so it may just be that I haven't noticed.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Omaton here, and despite user error putting it on (one or two tiny bubbles, totally my fault and mostly non visible now), I am very happy.

I went through all four. The application is super easy, but my hands...they have never been good at stuff like this.

I mentioned it to Omaton and they sent me four more free of charge. But I can't really see the bubbles anymore, so I haven't tried to put a new one on yet.

I went with the Omoton as well. Got it right on my second try. The placement frame helps a lot, first time I've had a SP with that feature. Prior to that, I usually bought 2 packs (with multiple SPs in each) to make sure I'd get it on correctly.

As for having a cutout for the front camera, I don't see why that would be necessary. If it was, then there would also need to be a cutout for the sensors as well, which some SPs do have I guess. But unless it was like those old privacy SPs that made it hard for people on the side of you to see your screen, I wouldn't think any would need a cutout.