Question screen timeout

Jeff Allen1

May 28, 2013
Visit site
How do I find out which app is changing my Galaxy S22 Ultra screen timeout from 30 seconds to 10 minutes?

Is there a way to tell TASKER to notify me when it changes?

Is there a way to tell TASKER to always restore it to 30 seconds?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is your system setting actually changing to 10 minutes, or is it still set at 30 seconds but you're noticing the phone not paying attention to the setting and staying on for 10 minutes?

Reactions: VidJunky

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, that might be a little tricky. How quickly does the screen timeout change to 10 minutes? If it happens pretty quickly, then try uninstalling Norton 360 temporarily. If that doesn't help, then try uninstalling Outlook.

Is this phone used for work? If so, you can also ask your work IT department to see if anything they install is affecting the screen timeout.

Jeff Allen1

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Trial and error is not my thing. Tasker is not the issue.

Is there a way to tell TASKER to notify me when it changes?

Is there a way to tell TASKER to always restore it to 30 seconds?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
If it were going the other way, I would say it was Norton. Because Norton would be trying to protect you and having a long timeout might leave you "vulnerable". I still think it's Norton and not just because I hate antivirus apps because let's be honest do you need antivirus on an Android, not typically, but whatever. That doesn't seem like something any of the other apps would care about. If you don't want to uninstall Norton, try just clearing the cache and/or the data, force stopping the app and restarting your phone. There might just be something stuck in it. If that fails then try uninstalling it.

In the meantime do you have it set to lock immediately when the screen is put to sleep? This overrides 30 seconds and 10 minutes. Unless you're the type to close your phone and immediately open it again or the type that sits your phone down screen on and just expect it to close and lock when you look away, the immediate lock option is the way to go. Personally I set my timeout to 10 minutes because I'm the type that gets distracted or finds the one app that doesn't keep the phone open while I'm using it and gets frustrated if the screen times out just because I looked away. That's actually the first setting I change on a new device because there's always waiting in the set-up process and the phone screen timing out after every step is too much.

Long way round, it's Norton if it's any of them.

Not sure how well you know Tasker but you might go the tasker.wiki.com and search for screen timeout. I know there are some settings that it can't do, like I want it to turn off my device, or close an app and it can't do that.

Best wishes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia