screen Xperia Z doesn't rotate any more and camera on reboots the phone

Marcel2

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
First Apologies for my English. Since last week the screen on my Xperia Z no longer rotates automatically any more (although "rotate automatically" is switched on). And together with that, if I want to use the camera, it freezes for a second or two and then the phone automatically reboots, though without having to enter my code. When I tried to turn the phone on and off several times the problem seemed to be solved once, but now it isn't... Sometimes the screen suddenly rotates again and the camera works fine. Then the problems seem to be solved by itself, but that is usually just for a short time. It also happened that the camera worked fine, but some pictures were rotated the wrong way. Furthermore, everything just works fine as far as I know. I also tried to boot in "safe mode" once, but that did not help either. Any ideas how this can be solved?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

It really sounds like it may be a good idea to back up your phone and then do a factory reset. I have a feeling that'd set things straight.

Rashnah Selle

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
First Apologies for my English. Since last week the screen on my Xperia Z no longer rotates automatically any more (although "rotate automatically" is switched on). And together with that, if I want to use the camera, it freezes for a second or two and then the phone automatically reboots, though without having to enter my code. When I tried to turn the phone on and off several times the problem seemed to be solved once, but now it isn't... Sometimes the screen suddenly rotates again and the camera works fine. Then the problems seem to be solved by itself, but that is usually just for a short time. It also happened that the camera worked fine, but some pictures were rotated the wrong way. Furthermore, everything just works fine as far as I know. I also tried to boot in "safe mode" once, but that did not help either. Any ideas how this can be solved?