Screenshot Dilemma

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
First, a bit of background. I have a disability that limits my hand movements.

I had absolutely no trouble in swiping the screen on my S III to take a screenshot. I now have a S4. After several hours of tweaking the gesture settings I still can't take a screenshot by swiping. Also, due to the limited movement in my hands I can't use the shortcut (Home + Volume buttons).

Thus, if an app doesn't exist to take a screenshot on the S4, I would gladly pay a developer to pay for a workaround.

Ideas? Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I checked and saw several screenshot apps in the play store:

tmp_Screenshot_2013-10-08-14-38-11-1361884213.png

I saw that several of these have multiple capture methods and thought you might find something to your liking. Let me know if you've seen any of these or if there's any other questions I can try to find the answers to.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. A user in another forum suggested two of the apps you note here. One requires that your phone be rooted (UX) & another (Ultimate) required loading a tool on a PC then each time you rebooted your phone, you had to run the tool again!

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
For what it's worth, with my S3, I could never get the button combo to work, and always had to use the fist-swipe method...with my S4, the button combo works fine, but the swipe method does not...oh well...

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I've looked at every screenshot app available for non-rooted phones & all have the same constraints that Screenshot Ultimate does. However, it's not the app's fault...it's a Samsung OS issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubi_esme