SD card was fine, now saying damaged but works fine in other phones?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a 32 gig 'PNY' SD card in my Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo Phone. Almost all of the memory is consumed but for like 3 gigs. I was downloading a tv show earlier & one finished fine & the other got interrupted because I went out of the wi-fi range. Well when I looked at the phone I got the 'SD card damaged message'. I know better than to reformat so I checked it in 2 other phones I have & it works FINE & all my stuffs there. I tried to delete the last thing I downloaded but on both phones it says I dont have permission. I put it back in my Samsung & NO CHANGE, still the error message. So, I am just leaving it in one of the phones it works in & I put a 4gig SD card I have back into my Samsung to at least have some SD memory. I dont get it. Why did this happen. Theres NO WAY it got physically damaged & like I said it works like a charm in my 2 other phones but my Samsung is my PRIMARY. Do you think erasing the last thing I downloaded could resolve it? What is your feelings on what I have described as my current issue?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Cache partition wipe would be my first move.
Clean the contacts in the device where the SD card meets if you can get at it.
The card being nearly full may have something to do with it also...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Groenborg