Secure box password retreival

Jelenny73

Dec 16, 2016
Visit site
There's no need to be snarky or make comments that could demean or belittle anothers intelligence, or make them feel bad about asking a question. No one should ever have to feel ashamed of seeking help. Many new users are also new to smartphones, or the internet in general. Greeting them in such a manner can cause them to not return. Please refrain from doing this again in the future.

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator
Droid DNA

Well said, I completely agree, just another low IQ fool who makes themselves feel better by belittling others. People get very brave behind a keyboard.

Last edited:

theyear3020

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
I had this issue on HTC1 M8 and the ONLY solution (without factory reset or rooting the phone) is to block the contact (press and hold the contact in your contacts list and select 'Block Contact').

Then go to 'Manage Contacts' in your contacts list (drop down from 3 dots, top right), scroll down to 'Blocked Contacts', press and hold the desired contact and select 'Unblock contacts'.

Now go back to your Messages app. All messages (including the ones you stored in the messages secure box) will be restored to their respective threads. Happy days!!

:)

bananaleaf

Mar 14, 2018
Visit site
theyear3020 - This worked PERFECTLY! I have an HTC U11. After trying everything else on this thread. I had an old password that no matter what I tried still said incorrect. I felt like I had to make an account just to thank you so much. :)

Cursingirish

May 23, 2018
Visit site
If it is asking you for a secure password, type in your Gmail or google account password. So far this only works on the HTC One M8. It will work trust me 😊

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54