Secured by Knox

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I asked my husband to call someone. He opened his phone while it was in his hands on bottom eye level. I saw a WhatsApp open saying I love you, followed by a love you too. Instantly I asked him who it was. He took the phone and called that person and said it was no one and said I was imagining things. He handed me the phone and asked me to check the phone. It’s a Samsung 8 Galazy. And I am an iPhone user. I opened WhatsApp and searched for “I love you”and couldn’t find I love you or I love you too in any recent msgs. Went ahead and opened Instagram and Facebook and couldn’t find anything there. Somehow I stumbled Upon open apps and saw a WhatsApp icon with a lock on it. The second I clicked on that this popped up (pics attached ) and I went ahead and Google’s “secured by Knox” and I found out there is something such as a secured folder. I went ahead and got onto Samsung website and went on live chat and they told me that via a secured folder you can have another WhatsApp account. I stormed to my husband asking him for the password of this account (now mind you he’s an IT guy) and somehow he didn’t know his passwords. So I clicked on forgot pin and his email address came. I made him go to his Samsung account online and somehow he couldn’t get any passwords in. And then he linked some stuff up. He got a pin and he added that in. And some mountains in pics came up which he clicked and then some bicycles ( he was asked to select a sequence or something) and then suddenly his phone got reset. He kept saying I did it because I kept putting in correct passwords into the Knox thing. I don’t know if he did it or if I did it. (My husband is a computer engineer) I’m personally devastated and don’t know what happening. And he said he didn’t know why that additional WhatsApp app with a lock was open in his open app tabs. But arnt apps we use and don’t close are present in open tabs. Pls help

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, this may, for all I know, indicate an extramarital relationship; or there may be some other explanation. None of us here can know that. All the research that you’ve done into WhatsApp and Samsung makes it plausible, so what remains in question is your relationship with your husband, which the two of you may need to discuss.

I’ll move this to the S8 forum for comments from Samsung users about the Knox thing, since I’m neither a WhatsApp nor Samsung user myself.

CraftyMe2323

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
Yeah sorry, hate to say it but... you saw what you saw and a WhatsApp with a lock icon definitely means a second version of the app is in the secured folder containing information your husband didn't want anyone else seeing, and the fact that it was in the recent apps means it was being used. He absolutely knew the password, and it's absolutely NOT your fault that the phone got reset. He did that to cover his a**.

I'm sorry, I really am... But if my so called "significant other" was cheating on me, which I have far too much experience with... Well, I would want to know. Your husband is definitely hiding something, and based on what you wrote it's something with another woman... or another man? 🤔 You never know... Either way, I'm very sorry for you. I know all too well the kind of frustration, confusion, and anxiety you must be dealing with at this moment.

Trust your gut...

BB_PP

May 29, 2017
Visit site
I asked my husband to call someone. He opened his phone while it was in his hands on bottom eye level. I saw a WhatsApp open saying I love you, followed by a love you too. Instantly I asked him who it was. He took the phone and called that person and said it was no one and said I was imagining things. He handed me the phone and asked me to check the phone. It’s a Samsung 8 Galazy. And I am an iPhone user. I opened WhatsApp and searched for “I love you”and couldn’t find I love you or I love you too in any recent msgs. Went ahead and opened Instagram and Facebook and couldn’t find anything there. Somehow I stumbled Upon open apps and saw a WhatsApp icon with a lock on it. The second I clicked on that this popped up (pics attached ) and I went ahead and Google’s “secured by Knox” and I found out there is something such as a secured folder. I went ahead and got onto Samsung website and went on live chat and they told me that via a secured folder you can have another WhatsApp account. I stormed to my husband asking him for the password of this account (now mind you he’s an IT guy) and somehow he didn’t know his passwords. So I clicked on forgot pin and his email address came. I made him go to his Samsung account online and somehow he couldn’t get any passwords in. And then he linked some stuff up. He got a pin and he added that in. And some mountains in pics came up which he clicked and then some bicycles ( he was asked to select a sequence or something) and then suddenly his phone got reset. He kept saying I did it because I kept putting in correct passwords into the Knox thing. I don’t know if he did it or if I did it. (My husband is a computer engineer) I’m personally devastated and don’t know what happening. And he said he didn’t know why that additional WhatsApp app with a lock was open in his open app tabs. But arnt apps we use and don’t close are present in open tabs. Pls help

he was cheating on you for sure, but i request you to re consolidate with him. people do errors and mistakes. he deliberately let you erase his phone by putting wrong patterns and passwords. dual faces with dual WhatsApp accounts

CraftyMe2323

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
The dude is saying "I love you" to another woman (or man) while married. .. that scumbag... drop him and go live happily ever after with half that fools money. Marriage really makes no freaking sense these days anyway... Go live your life!

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel