Selfie camera not working for HTC one M8.

A

AC Question

I bought my htc one m8 2 months ago.The selfie camera used to work,now it doesn't.I can't even click on the selfie button,when i go into dual mode the front camera appears black in colour and i can't take any photos using the dual camera anymore.My front camera works fine.I don't normally use the selfie mode so i don't know if the system updates affected the mode.My phone is updated to the newest system update.

deanpoulos

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the SAME exact problem. I believe it stopped working after a system update. I have tried a wipe/restore twice with no success. Sprint/HTC have not been any help either.

Front camera does not work in other apps either. For example, Snapchat will switch between the 2 different rear cameras, instead of the front and rear. Hangouts show a blank screen.

Anyone have a solution?

Jon Coffey1

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Mine has now stopped also after this update. Is there nothing can be done before I'm made to pay a ridiculous excess on my insurance? For what is essentially a manufacturer's fault

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine has now stopped also after this update. Is there nothing can be done before I'm made to pay a ridiculous excess on my insurance? For what is essentially a manufacturer's fault
In most places, the warranty on an OTA update starts on the date of the update, not the date you bought the phone. IOW, if they broke it, they get to fix it - free. (The liability laws in the US - all 50 states - make breaking something the liability of whoever broke it.) I've had more than one phone replaced because of bad update. (Most of the time, the carrier will reflash the update and everything will be fine, but if that doesn't fix it, they have to do something to "make you whole", even if that means replacing the phone. And if it's the fault of a badly-written update, and you push hard enough, you might even be able to swap to a different phone with no charge. They can't absolve themselves of liability - it's statutory.)

jamen55

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I bought my htc one m8 2 months ago.The selfie camera used to work,now it doesn't.I can't even click on the selfie button,when i go into dual mode the front camera appears black in colour and i can't take any photos using the dual camera anymore.My front camera works fine.I don't normally use the selfie mode so i don't know if the system updates affected the mode.My phone is updated to the newest system update.

Hi, nice to meet you I have the same problem, did you solve it? Thank you

Haley Bennett

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
I have the HTC desire eye & about 2-3 months ago my selfie camera also stopped working. This is unbearably annoying and the problem needs to be resolved soon. I'm taking this phone back to the store, hoping to either get a replacement or to get it fixed.

Jay Tee4

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi did anyone ever find a fix for this? My phone is second hand so not covered by warranty etc. I click into to square with the four circles and only get the option of 'camera' or 'zoe'. I've never been able to use the front camera. Someone must have found a fix???? :)

normanjgh

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
hey man, i dont know if you have the solution by now,but i did fix the issue by simply uninstalling the gallery update, it seems to be the problem cuz it was automatically gone :) hope you can do the same.

AuntyM Sim

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I went directly to HTC Support Chat Forum - it was simple for me. Just went into my settings scrolled down to the Camera App, forced stopped the Camera App then Cleared Cache. Restarted the Phone and presto! Selfie Option was there.

Beatrice Ingraham

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I have the HTC desire one 610 and had nothing but problems since updating the phone.phone drops calls,gave me problems turning on,cam isn't working except for screenshots,closes messages on its own thru fb messenger,won't connect to WiFi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred