Sell me on the Galaxy S5 :)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sell me on the s5 :)

I came from a Note 3 to the M8 (which I've already returned...getting a Z2) and the M8 was far better in daylight than the Note 3. I'm not sure how much improved the S5 is compared to the Note 3, but both use the same tech so I'm assuming it's roughly equivalent.

***Never mind, the people below me have your answer.

If it's worth anything, I played with an S5 at the store the other day and was blown away by how nice screen is. It's a shame it's wrapped in plastic however.

Posted via Android Central App

Use of plastic to make the phone is not a reason to skip on GS5, not getting 32GB option IS the reason. I put every phone in a case as do many other users if not the nearly everyone. So a metal phone wrapped in a plastic case is mute.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I'm most likely going for the S5 from an S3 but the big problem I have with the M8 is the storage. 16GB is nothing if I can't add an SD card.

Not sure if you realized but the M8 has 32GB + 128GB microSD slot and the S5 is ONLY in 16GB + 128GB microSD slot. We "may" see a 32GB GS5 in 1, 2, 3 months or never.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

We must get a different model over here. I'm on vodafone Ireland and the model is only 16GB with no micro sd card slot :(
I just looked at the Vodafone Ireland site HTC One (M8) | Bill pay | Vodafone Ireland and the M8 is only a 16GB phone (that sucks) BUT it does have a 128GB microSD Slot. You may have thought it was a SIM slot or something else but its integrated into the side of the phone so its definitely there.

Marese73

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

I just looked at the Vodafone Ireland site HTC One (M8) | Bill pay | Vodafone Ireland and the M8 is only a 16GB phone (that sucks) BUT it does have a 128GB microSD Slot. You may have thought it was a SIM slot or something else but its integrated into the side of the phone so its definitely there.

Thanks I missed the SD card slot. The vodafone Ireland list of specs is hopeless! They dont give nearly enuf info!

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

I really don't give a rats #$$ what phone you end up with, go to the store and make up your own mind! There is no one here that lives the same life you do and in turn want the same things as you! Go hold them both and go with your own gut feeling! Either of these phones will serve you well!
Now with that said I will make a couple points, keep in mind if you are going to keep this phone for the full 2 years of your contract, present Lithium Ion battery tech will be hard pressed to provide good battery life for your entire contact...look how many owners of 2 year old Iphones and HTC Ones with permanent batteries are complaining of terrible battery life! It's simple, charging 1-2 times per day for a couple years just kills a battery! A removable battery solves this!
An aluminum case is nice to start out but take a look at a year old HTC One display model at any Best Buy and you will see the ratty scratched up mess it becomes! You may think that plastic is cheap, but I can guarantee you it will look better after a year of pocket dwelling with a set of keys! And if your going to put it in a case to protect it, what is the point of aluminum to begin with!?
One last point...it has been stated that the GS5 is laggy, this really isn't true! Samsung adds delays in the transitions and scrolling that when easily disabled in Developer Options makes this phone as fast as any phone on the market!
Again, get the phone that feels the best to you, has the features that you will use the most!
And feel assured that you bought one of the two best phones presently available!

Cheers

Dizfunctions

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I've used both and got the M8 for a couple of reasons.

The s5 call speaker sucked. For some reason people repeatedly told me that they couldn't hear me clearly, and that's a big issue since I spend a couple hours on the phone every day for business. I also sometimes had issues hearing my clients over the phone.

Sometimes the screen wouldn't turn on for 30 seconds after turning on phone. That is unacceptable for a $600 dollar phone.

The phone would randomly get really hot in my pocket. Still have no idea what caused this and not even a factory reset fixed this.

Touchwiz lagged and I don't mean slow animations but actual freezing while using the phone. That is unacceptable.

The m8 had none of those issues for me and that's why I chose the M8. I will say that I miss the daylight picture on the s5, but that night and low-light pictures to the m8.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfgfg