Sense 6 update

Oh Joseph

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
A long file containing 64 mb was downloaded automatically into my phone a few minutes ago. The extraction were 700 plus files but after checking the software version still shows 5.5. I guess it is to prepare the phone for the update. Any ideas?

WarrenBoy

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
What I did was just click "update". Your notification bar should say something. From what I have read you have not updated yet, as updating will involve pressing the "update button" which will restart your phone. Reply for further queries.

Oh Joseph

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Warren, since the update have been expected I went and checked first for updates about 1700hr , the system replied device is up to day. Then later about 1900hr that file downloaded but the only option I have was to extract the files nothing else. It never asked for me to update and reset like on other occasions with different smart phones.

Oh Joseph

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
As per conversation with HTC tech support there is no update release yet. However their support personnel could be wrong or lag in their inside communication. Anyway the file I received happens to be the OTA for my nexus 7 not the sense 6 update for the HTC. WTF,somebody at google pressed the wrong switch sending that file to the wrong device.

snocone

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
As per conversation with HTC tech support there is no update release yet. However their support personnel could be wrong or lag in their inside communication. Anyway the file I received happens to be the OTA for my nexus 7 not the sense 6 update for the HTC. WTF,somebody at google pressed the wrong switch sending that file to the wrong device.
Sounds like you received the KK 4.4.3 update.

Oh Joseph

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I understand that perfectly, however my nexus 7 is not attach to any carrier it just operates thru wifi so in this cases google controls the updates. Yes there is an ota for nexus devices . What I said is that the update intended for my nexus 7 somehow was received by my Htc one. Why, no clue. file is df43279bcf6bb6a0ae403249c3e6f314d0a7eb77

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TechBro